Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 03:41am    Post subject:

Badim silently tossed in his sleep, feeling the weight of his dream again: His friends turning away from him, his children turning and vanishing, and Clare sobbing because of the path of vengeance he had taken. The walls of darkness surrounded and pressed on him again, feeling the last breath of air escape his lung as he sighed the last bit of life out of him. But as he tried to breath in one last time, he found his lungs full and cool with fresh air, the smell of daisies and grass filling his nose as he opened his eyes, seeing the bright sun overhead gaze on him. He wasn’t in his cloak, he was in his street clothes again, strolling through the same park he had seen Astella in.
Trees casting elegant shadows around the duracrete path he walked on, pacing towards the gazebo again. A woman resided inside it’s shade, with a sunhat and more elegant looking clothing on. Badim paced towards it as he crept up on the woman, preparing his arms to wrap around her eyes in surprise.
“Don’t even think about it,” she jokingly teased as she snapped her face to meet Badim’s eyes. He froze, his surprise failing as Clare looked him in the eyes with a firm smile. He placed the palm of his hand on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb as he stared at her, both his real and dream-selves admiring her features.
“Guess I can’t surprise another assassin. Can I?” he replied after a silent, stare filled moment, pushing his fingers into her hair, pushing it to one side, the sunhat falling and hanging by the string that wrapped around her neck.
She quickly pulled away after closing her eyes in enjoyment, her firm smile still across her face.

“Come find me,” she winked, rushing out of the gazebo and into the brush of the park.

“What?” Badim asked in pursuit.

“Count!” she yelled from the bushes, Badim catching the idea of hide-and-seek.

He snorted with a smirk, then began to count to sixty, giving Clare enough time to hide and give her stealth skills a workout after so long. He leaned up against the gazebo’s fencing, his eyes closed as he counted off the last set of numbers: Fifty-seven, fifty-eight, fifty-nine…
“Sixty!” he shouted, then turned several circles, trying to pick a direction to begin his search. After finally deciding, he pushed the branches and leaves away from his path as he searched for Clare, a smirk running across his face in pursuit of Clare.
Several minutes passed, but he didn’t give up, returning to the gazebo to restart his search. A feeling of being hunted washed over him, then he looked up to see Clare, leaning over the edge of the small building as she amusingly watched him search for her in the brush where she had entered. She smiled, laughing at how he spent minutes searching in the wrong place for her, “Rematch?” she asked with her smirk again, that glint in her eye again.

”You know it.”

Badim was pushed out of his dreams. Though, seeing Clare at least happy in his dreams lifted his spirits slightly, that maybe he was on a better path for avenging her. He looked out of the transparisteel window in the room, seeing the swirl of hyperspace still surrounding the ship, and he dozed back to sleep in hopes of seeing the rest of his dream.

Convictions First Previous Next Latest
Haunting of Felucia First Previous Next Latest
Into the Sarlacc First Previous Next Latest

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 11:18am    Post subject:

The bridge was quiet as all had left and gone to sleep. Everyone but Tseneca herself, who sat with her feet up on the console and her arms crossed over her chest.

It would have been exaggerating to say she was thinking about anything, and even more so to say her mind was blank. She was hovering in a state of calm even as The Leaper came out of hyperspace and settled before the green and blue planet of Felucia.

we're here.

Tseneca flinched as SAMM's mechanical voice sounded in the midst of her reverie. "No kidding" she replied.

There are two more ships coming out of hyperspace...

"Really?" She turned on the hailing signal. "Lets see what we've got."

"So you decided to show up." Lucas' voice was dry over the speaker, and Tseneca new it wasn't static.

"Yeah," she said "Well, contrary to popular belief I'm not a self-obsessed sleemo."

He shut down his end of the comm without responding, but shot her landing coordinates anyway. Count on him to throw a pout from here to Bith. She checked the other link, silent, until...

"Hello mesh'la."

Tseneca took a breath. "You've got to be kidding me... Sethe?"

"The one and only." Sethe's voice came just as Badim entered the cockpit, desheveled from poor sleep.

"Whose that?" Badim asked settling into the co-pilots seat.

"A stalker, I think" Tseneca replied.

"A paid stalker, actually." Sethe added.

"You bugged my ship?" Tseneca asked reproachfully. She was irritated. Who the hell was paying this guy to follow her to Felucia?

"Bugged is such a simple term. Hacked... might be too harsh. I 'took liberties' shall we say..."

"Cut... to... the chase." Tseneca gritted her teeth.

"I'm making sure you don't get hurt, thats what I'm paid to do."

"Whose paying you?" Badim cut in.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Sethe shot back.

Tseneca took a breath. "I've got a Jedi, an asassin, an IG droid and now a bounty hunter on my ship... what makes you think i need help."

"Call it a hunch, pretty girl." Sethe said. "I'd ask you for landing coordinates but i grabbed them off of the transmission that Jedi transport sent you. You certainly do have friends in high places. See you planet-side."

The link cut off and Tseneca sat back, exchanging looks with Badim. "Interesting how this party just keeps getting bigger." She sighed.

Ha! we got there at the same time! :D
The Blight Leaper and The Escrow are now on Felucia
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 14th 2010 02:26pm    Post subject:

Story continues here: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=596
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 12:25am    Post subject:

AFTER FELUCIA:

"They're back!" Firi had yelled loudly and run down the gangplank of the leaper, even as the others poked their heads out of quarters. It had been two hours since they'd left the sarlacc.

Tseneca ejected out of her seat and ran toward them. Badim had Sara, looking worse for wear, and Jonas was being taken from Lucas's arms by Kyp, who had approached he whole ordeal in relative silence.

Tseneca flung herself at Lucas, who stumbled back from the force of her embrace. He was back, He was alive!

"oof!" He said but hugged her back with more ferocity. Then broke the embrace to see to Jonas, who had lost consciousness against Kyp's shoulder.

"get them both into sick bay. SAMM hook up bacta reserves and oxygen, Now."

They marched into the sick room and hooked Jonas and Sara up immediately. Lucas was at Jonas' side, and had the bedside manner of a concerned housewife.

"Hey." she said to him. "You don't look to hot yourself."

"Its fine." Lucas didn't take his eyes of the patient. Tseneca gave Kyp and Anakin a concerned look before heading back to the cockpit.

"If your not unconscious or planning on sticking around, strap in. we're getting off this rock."

And with that, the leaper, the Escrow, and Anubis fired boosters simultaneaously, breaking atmo with no time to lose.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 01:38am    Post subject:

Badim heaved Sara’s arm over his shoulder, her body covered in slime and her clothing dissolving in places. He looked her over to ensure she was fine, noticing salted cheeks that were accustomed with Clare’s resurfacings memories. He didn’t quiver or shake the thought of his head, even though it pained him to remember Clare, he wasn’t allowed to forget her, nor did he want to. They entered sickbay, Badim genially hooked Sara up to the bacta and oxygen systems. She didn’t need it really, but Lucas had commanded it. She slowly came to, looking around the room, her eyes falling on Jonas as he slept soundly with Lucas watching over him. She turned away for some reason, Badim could feel the loss of emotion he had felt, in a sense, that emitted from her voice when she dove head first into the Sarlacc’s maw.

Sara looked at Badim and placed a hand on his shoulder, bringing him closer to her, her mouth level with his ear, “Get me out of here.” she whispered to him, Badim curiously looking at the men across the room. He didn’t see anything strange, but something in Lucas’ eyes as he looked Jonas over was a little curious, at most. But Sara wanted out of here, something must have happened inside the Sarlacc between the three, but he didn’t pry at it. He couldn’t remove her from the sickbay, so the most he could do was grab the curtains tucked between the beds and cover the sight of Lucas and Jonas.

Badim sat in a chair, feeling the Leaper begin to lift and fly off. He tore his black cloak off and let his body cool through his flannel shirt, finally able to not sweat from the humid environment of Felucia. Sara rose at the waist, placing her arms at her sides as she let her head hang back, her hair flowing behind her. She was enjoying the cool of the ship as much as he was.

“What happened?” she whispered, not to disturb Jonas on the other side, or for another reason. Badim looked to the floor, his shoulder suddenly beginning to throb again from his thoughts.
“Clare’s dead, and it’s my fault.” he murmured, still feeling the pain behind those words.

“It couldn’t have been, you couldn’t have known--” Sara tried to reassure him through her forced whisper, but Badim murmured his answer, cutting her off, “I killed his son. Several months after I saved you, I worked for Boz Loren, a middleman for bounties and such. He gave me a bounty to kill or capture Jaira,” he paused, letting it set into Sara that she wasn’t the only one he had spared from death by the hands of the corrupt and evil, “I let her go, but she was quickly captured by another bounty hunter and was brought to Boz, when I was meeting with him at that moment.”
He remembered the event vividly, recalling Jaira looking at Badim with almost a lost hope, but quickly becoming reminded at how she followed his path in inspiration, “I killed Loren in self-defense, and his father plotted revenge from that day forth, ending with Clare’s death.”

Sara looked at Badim curiously, waiting to hear a continuation from him, but continued it herself after a moment of silence, “You’re going to kill him… Right?”

“What?”

“He deserves to die. Look at you,” she said, noticing the black rings that were barely visible around his eyes, his black attire and his cold demeanor, “He’s destroyed all that you had become. Like what you said to Dirod, No One Deserves to Die, Except for Those Who Do.
She paused, letting the words swell in him. Badim remembered that night vividly as well, telling Dirod that sentence before he became free of his control. It was an uplifting memory, his first moments of true freedom. Sara broke the silence, “Even though I feared you would change your mind and come kill me anyways… You are my hero, saving me from the clutches of the ones who would try to kill me. Like a knight in—white robes, and I think Jaira would agree.” she laughed quietly.

Badim couldn’t laugh, but he was able to muster a smirk. He stood from the chair and retrieved his cloak, patting Sara on her knee to let her sleep.
“Why’d you let me go in the first place?” she asked, cocking her head in curiosity.

Badim froze, it was a question he had been asking himself since it began, “You know…” he whispered, quickly peering around the corner to see Lucas still transfixed on Jonas‘ condition, so much so he must have ignored their entire conversation. He turned back to Sara, “I think I just wanted to try something different. I’m not sure how to brand it, exactly.”
He patted Sara on the knee again, her curling in the bed to sleep from the exhaustion of the ordeal on Felucia, her body facing away from where Lucas and Jonas were residing.

Badim turned to Lucas, “Lucas,” he said, trying to get his attention before Badim left the room, “H6 needs another pick-me-up.”

Lucas snapped out of whatever trance he was in, then scoffed, “What now? Can‘t that droid stay out of trouble?”

“At least you won’t have to worry about repairing that Droideka up much, having a shield generator and all.”

Lucas scoffed again, turning his attention back to Jonas as Badim left for his quarters.

Badim tossed his cloak onto a chair in the room, then carefully threw himself into his and Clare’s bed as he quickly fell into his dreams.

The Blight Leaper First Previous Next Latest

Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 05:12am    Post subject:

The crew of the Blight Leaper was finally together, with the exception of the deceased Clare. Lucas had not understood the full story, and would make a point to reach out, after he knew Jonas was safe. He kept watch for several hours, until Alisson brought him a refreshing cup of Daa'ti Tea, a home remedy. She rubbed his shoulder, massaging them gently, as she bent low to whisper, "I retrieved the items from the Republic shuttle," she extended her hand, and inside, the ornament the Orakle had crafted and beside it, the holo-chip record from the slaver ship. Lucas pocketed them both, looking over his shoulder to ensure no one had heard. "Uh, thanks."

"You're extremely tense, and you smell terrible." Alisson added, plopping down beside Jonas. "He doesn't look well."

"Shut up, will you?" Lucas sliced through the playful attempt by his oldest friend.

"Lucas, shower. I'll tend to him and call you if anything happens. Get some rest." Her voice was demanding, reminiscent of the days she cared for him as a child. He rose finally, retreating to the other end of the Blight Leaper. The washing was long, he scrubbed every inch of his body several times over. He could feel the skin peel slightly, the raw flesh replenishing against the bacta-infused soap particles. When he was satisfied, he turned off the water and toweled his body dry.

He had forgotten to grab a pair of new clothes, and retreated towards his quarters. Tseneca happened to be passing, and he stopped her. She seemed a little dazed, but pleased he was speaking to her again. "Listen, I'm sorry for being a jerk. I could've been a better friend, but you sorta freaked me out with the Force-push. I just-"

Tseneca flashed a diplomatic smile, "I'd hug you, but uh," She moved in close, but the awkwardness of the thin fabric of the towel separating them, kept her at bay.

"Oh, right."

"You are... fit." Tseneca observed and disappeared down the corridor. Lucas blushed momentarily, and as he opened the door to his quarters, paused to think what exactly she meant. This thought drifted as he noticed the artwork the Orakle had given him the night they met hung on the wall. It made the Blight Leaper a little more closer to home. "I thought you'd like it," Lucas twisted, nearly throwing himself behind something, anything really. Geez, does everyone have to make an appearance... now of all times?!

"Thanks, it means a lot." Lucas had almost forgot his belongings on the shuttle, especially with everything that had happened. Anakin was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, funny thing is, my apprentice," Lucas froze, that was never a good sign. He had a bad feeling about this, "I went to retrieve them for you, and I noticed your friend, Alisson, had slipped something from your belongings. What was it?"

Lucas felt guilty for not explaining it earlier, but something had wanted him to keep this secret. It was difficult to explain, even as he tried. Anakin was relieved when he had, though scolded him for not saying anything earlier. A lecture was the last thing he needed, especially in space with nothing but a towel around his waist. "I have nothing else to do on this ship, so I'm going to process it. See what I can find."

"Okay, thank you Master. Have a good day now." Lucas tapped the key and finally was able to drag some clothes around his body. Relieved to be fully dressed, Lucas laid across the bed, playing with the pendant the Orakle had given him. He thought of her, and tried to search her out. She was happy, that was all he was able to tell.

PNPC Anakin Solo First Previous Next Latest
The Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 10:25am    Post subject:

Kyp slipped out of the sick-bay himself and headed towards his home away from his home away from home. He found it quite strange how accustomed he was becoming to the Blight Leaper. His quite demeanor kept the same from being said about the crew. He had made some progress with Tseneca and was glad to have done so. People such as Sara and Dex still eluded him.

As per usual Kyp had his thoughts about the events of the day. It seemed like everytime he walked back onto the Blight Leaper something new had just happened. Some new event that shaped the lives of those around him. Tseneca, Lucas, Allison, Dex, Sara, Badim, Firi, Jonas, Clare, and Jaira had all been changed by this craft of steel and circuitry. Himself however had not. He still had the same problems, same worries, same thoughts as when he had first seen the space fairing craft on Kuat.

He still felt cold, detached, and damned. Every night was a struggle to fall into sleep and every morning was a fight to awaken. His mind could always be active and have the strain of past deeds forgotten momentarily. However his soul still rippled with the waves of death and destruction. Part of him wanted someone to teach, someone to hold, someone to care, but would he bring them their demise as well. It stung his mind everytime he wasn't active.

He had set himself upon the stars to do what he could with the pardon and second lease on life he had been given. He fought the Imperial Remnant and Outer Rim pirates. He had trained some of the strongest and wisest Jedi of his time and did so from many temples and locations across the galaxy. He had recently taken up an offer to travel with a motley group of individuals to seek out their own problems and also the problems of others. Yet none of it seemed enough to save his soul. None of it was enough to put it all to rest.

Kyp tried to push aside his thoughts and worries but they instantly came back. Not this time. It didn't help that they had defended themselves against the Felucians. It was a crying shame that they had to harm them to get off the inhospitable planet. Just one more tally on the list.

Perhaps even with the death of his soul, he would never be rid of the scar left by Exar Kun. The vile scum lived on through him, in one small way or another. Many of the Jedi had forsaken him because of it. He could always feel Kun's presence in the back of his head. It was like a bad hangover that wouldn't go away.

Kyp stripped out of his Jedi robes and all the way down to his undergarment. He neatly folded the wretched smelling clothing into a pile and inserted it all into a bag he had been using for dirtied apparel. He wrapped a towel around his waste and quietly crossed the halls to the showers that still held the steam from it's previous user.

Taking the towel off, he slid out of the last bit of clothing on his body and began to wash away the filth that had accumulated from Felucia. You can wash away dirt, but not your sins. Kyp took a long shower as he conditioned his hair and then washed it. Almost fifty years of age and he still had a great full head of hair.

As he washed the black hair he noticed a graying strand amongst the darkness. With his index finger securely wrapped around the strand, he pulled and winced as the aged hair came free from his scalp. "Not yet," he said as he turned off the near scolding water, picked up his single item of clothing, and wrapped the towel back around his waist.

Kyp crept out of the shower and quickly moved through the cold air with a stealth he rarely used. Again, he wasn't sure anyone wanted to see him, irregardless of his top physical form. Once inside of his quarters, he locked the door shut behind him, and removed the towel. Quickly he donned his clothing again but only a loose shirt and a pair of long satin pants he often used when he wanted to sleep in comfort.

The shower had helped clear his mind and despite the constant presence he didn't allow himself to think of the issues. Clearing his mind Kyp laid down with his hands interlaced and behind his head and fell into a meditative sleep.

(opps I got that weird error, so I tried two more times to post and got a triple post out of it. My bad...)

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Kyp

*delete*

Tag: Cray

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Kyp

*delete*

Tag: Cray

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 11:04am    Post subject:

Everyone was settling down, Tseneca made her way back to the cockpit and patched with the Escrow.

"Safe and sound?" Sethe said, answering the line.

"More or less." Tseneca replied. She was getting used to him being around. Despite his snarky attitude and crude nicknames, she had to admit, he was refreshing. She might even like him if given the chance. "Jonas is going to need more help than I can give him here, we're going to XyyX to get him back in order."

"How's that pronounced?" Sethe joked.

"No idea, I think its more of a gutteral sound." Tseneca smiled a little

He looked to his dash for a second, as if thinking hard. "Hey. I'm gonna take off for a while. I have some things I need to deal with. Do you think you can stay out of trouble for longer than five minutes?"

"You have a tag on my ship that I cant seem to locate, I think I can manage till you get back." She snorted.

"Good. Good. I'll be seeing you then, Mesh'la, Try not to strain yourself." With that Sethe jumped, leaving a trail of dark matter in his wake.

Tseneca settled in for the long, placing coordinates for Xyyx and preparing to fall asleep in her chair.
 Back to top »
Jaira Lionne
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 11:49am    Post subject:

Jaira tossed in her quarters, trying to find the energy, or lack of energy to sleep. But her position on the Leaper was in question, and she needed to find an answer to it. She swung her legs out of her bed, letting them glide to the floor. After dressing herself in some real clothing, rather than her night clothes or bounty hunter armor, she set out for the cockpit. Her fire pink hair flowed, falling on her shoulders and bouncing as she paced through the ship in her crimson colored T-shirt and standard jeans. The faint sounds of blips and beeps attracted her to come inside the nearly abandoned cockpit, where Tseneca resided. She was huddled in the cockpit’s seat, trying to get some sleep.

“Tseneca?” Jaira asked quietly to not scare her into activating her lightsaber like last time, “Can I ask you something?”

Tseneca turned, her eyes with partial, faint black rings around them from all that had happened on Felucia, not getting much sleep and having to fight instead. She nodded, allowing her to ask her question:
“I know I’m here and all to help Badim,” she began motioning towards the co-pilot seat to continue.
Tseneca allowed it and Jaira sat in the leather chair as she asked the real question, “But, I was wondering if I could stay… I’ve always been on the run from something, and here I finally feel I can do something… So...?”

Tag: Jess
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 12:28pm    Post subject:

Tseneca sighed. It wasn't irritation, she was too tired for that.

"Look." She uncrossed her arms so Jaira wouldn't think she was being hostile. "There's room here if you want to stay. Just pull your weight, i've stopped caring so much about ship crashing, at least by this point."

Jaira smiled a little. she seemed more at ease.

"First call to order, watch the helm" Tseneca had been wanting to check on Jonas. "Don't touch anything, let me know if theres a problem. SAMM can handle it."

Tsneneca walked back toward sickbay, where Allison was holding vigil. She put a tentative hand on the other woman's shoulder. Allison had always been cold toward her, but she was a brave woman, hardened, and (finally) a longtime friend of Lucas'.

"How is he." She asked.

Allison looked toward her and then back at Jonas. "In and out. He's definitely going to need more help then whats here."

"I know, I've got us going toward Xyyx. we should be able to camp out there, get him some more help."

"I think theres something going on with Lucas." Allison said. How uncharacteristic. Was she confiding in her?

"You mean apart from the fact that he was shat out by a Sarlacc pit?" Tseneca tried for a joke, and Allison cracked a tiny smile.

"Apart from that, yes. He cares about Jonas, I think."

"Whats wrong with that?" Tseneca asked, and moved to check Jonas's biofeed back.

"Its just... wrong." Sara interrupted and pushed the sheet back that separated her pallate from Jonas's. She looked angry, disturbed.

"How are you feeling?" Tseneca asked.

"As well as could be expected." Sara moved her neck from side to side. "Stupid to jump into the pit when it was so... distinct what was going on between those two."

"Lucas and Jonas?" Tseneca was confused. "You don't mean..."

"I mean," Sara paused, her lip twisted in jealousy, distain, self righteousness. "Those two were locking lips in the belly of the beast."

Tseneca raised her eyebrows, but held her tongue. Lucas was... Well, she supposed it would make sense, how he never fooled around with those working women back on Kuat. How all of his gestures and flirting had seemed so juvenile and shoddy. She looked at Allison who seemed to be calculating in her head.

"I've never been one to gossip." Tseneca finished Jonas' diagnostics.

"I've never been one to throw myself at men." Sara said, folding her arms.

Somehow Tseneca found that hard to believe. As for Lucas, preference was preference, whatever turboboosted his starship was none of her business. Frankly, she was happy for him, at least one of them was getting some action.

"Lovesickness then." She looked at Allison. "He'll be fine, he just needs to rest, and he's probably just worried about Jonas."

"Probably," The other woman said. She was slouched over and Tseneca patted her on the back.

"As for you." She looked at the younger woman sitting up and still glaring at Jonas. "You need to take a chill pill. You can't blame the man if he swings the other way, There's no use trying to compete with that. Plenty other Colo in the galaxy and all that." She was waving Sara off, she knew, but the woman needed to pull herself together. It was a matter of growth.
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 12:42pm    Post subject:

Sara sighed at Tseneca’s remark: Plenty of Colo in the galaxy. It wasn’t something she wanted to hear, not after all she had felt for Jonas, even though it was just innocent curiosity about him. She glanced passed Tseneca and to Jonas, sleeping with Alisson watching over him in Lucas’ absence.
“It just seemed…” she began, trying to utter what she was feeling inside, “Like I had finally found a way to actually feel again…”

Feel?” Tseneca asked curiously.

“I’ve never felt this much emotion in six years… The last time was with my family on Nar Shaddaa, at the age of sixteen they--”

“Don’t worry,” Tseneca said as she patted Sara on the back again, “You don’t need to say it.”

Sara sighed, still feeling the pieces of her heart settling in her body, still broken and feeling like duracrete. She glanced at the floor, then turned back to Tseneca, then laughed, “Pretty stupid of me to jump in, huh?”

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 12:56pm    Post subject:

Tseneca remembered doing the same thing. Just because she put on the hardass act, didn't mean everyone else needed to. Sara was young. Tseneca knew how it had felt to lose her family, at roughly the same age, and it had been Emmett who'd been there for her. Even befriending everyone on board this ship had been a risk.

"No." Tseneca answered. "We all jump in at some point."
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 01:12pm    Post subject:

“Yeah,” Sara resolved, but she wondered what she would do if she really found someone for her own, instead of jumping into a pit of teeth for a man who wasn’t even interested in her, or her entire sex for that matter, “I guess you’re right.”

She felt better, in the physical sense at least, but the slime that still covered her arms wasn’t very settling, and she asked Tseneca if she could leave for a shower. She was feeling better, but the acid that still covered her was beginning to itch and sting, plus her clothes continued to dissolve.

“Yeah, take a quick shower, get changed,” Sara jumped to her feet, slowly beginning to disconnect the bacta and oxygen systems from her. She began to leave, when Tseneca put a hand on her shoulder, “And no matter how much you hate it, you need to come back so we can monitor you and Jonas.”

Sara stepped out and entered the showers after carefully collecting some clothes, careful to not get any of the acid on them. She grabbed a course brush, then scrubbed vigorously at her skin wherever she could reach, scrubbing to where it was almost red from irritation, but the bacta bubbles in this specific medical shower kept her body hale. She let the water run down the length of her body, feeling her hair soak as she thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of the dirt and grime washing away.

She finally stepped out long after the normal three minute limit, but everyone was sure to understand. She dressed, then paced down the corridors of the Leaper, suddenly hesitating at the door to the sickbay. She felt her heart heave, but she forced herself to enter and reattached the medical lines to her body, Tseneca and Alisson still in the room to monitor Jonas.
Even though her feelings for Jonas was just innocent curiosity if he could be the one for her, she still felt betrayed. But she laid on the medical bed despite her unannounced protests to leave, sleeping all the same, but with heart that was rebuilding itself and hardening.

Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 02:26pm    Post subject:

Alisson was pleased the conversation went well, though understood the possible repercussions Lucas' choice could have on Kuat. Even if he were to pick a male, a suitable bachelor would have been one of class and prestige, not an abandoned child of a deathstick-pursuing family. Alisson pat Jonas' arm, well, it didn't matter. This was his choice. She had no doubt his family wouldn't mind, except the Telburns who have feverently tried to pursue him, would be devastated.

As Sara and Tseneca wrapped up their conversation, Alisson asked Sara to stick around so she could run detailed scans, anything to provide information for the facility XyyX. It was the best medical station money could buy, at least, in this rim of the galaxy. Kuat hosted some of the galaxy most prestigious facilities known, but that was a longer trip. Xyyx would have to do, and Alisson had already contacted the station manager.

"You'll be fine," Alisson considered Sara's talk with Tseneca. "I have never experienced love outside from family. I would've taken the plunge if it meant I was able to. Even the prospect is worth pursuing. On the rebound, it helps you become a better person. It isn't anyones fault here, just some crossed wires, but its healthy. You can feel again, and thats better than not feeling anything at all... " Alisson left it at that, and asked them to leave the infirmary.

There next chance, Alisson was going to upgrade the medical facility... A medical droid would be extremely handy right about now.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 03:05pm    Post subject:

His eyes just wouldn't close. Making up for the lost rest, he retrieved the bulk of H6 and returned to his quarters, making several trips to gather the necessary equipment and leftover parts. For the next three hours, Lucas rebuilt the droid, it was much faster this time around, as he had already done it once. Bringing about a few wires, he attempted to connect the two, and a spark sent a surge across his skin. Frak, he said out loud, though no one was in range to really hear him. He switched connectors, and suddenly, "Statement: I've been shot."

"Observation, you're more than correct. Several times, judging by the scars." Lucas answered mocking his own linguistic phrases while tweaking his ocular modules.

"Request: I would like the ability to see. Fact: It is good to hear your voice." Though H6 was speaking, his voice box had been virtually vaporized. There was little Lucas could do, except exchange it with a strange protocol droid part. He sounded a little more classy. "Observation: I sound as though I was programmed to be a service droid on Corulag."

Lucas chuckled, the first since his exit from the Sarlacc pit. "Yeah, you're frakked my friend. But, lucky for you, I needed a good distraction.."

"Query: Why does one require a distraction, when I am laying in ruins?"

"Good point," Lucas answered, and attempted to avoid hurting its programming.

"It would have been nice if you did not replace his vocal processor so soon."

"Statement: SAMM, I believe you missed my company."

Lucas disconnected the wires, and the droid shut off. "Thank you. Lucas knew it was only temporary, as a lot of work still needed to be done before the droid could raise a blaster and fight another day. "If you don't mind, can you flip on some music, perhaps from Berlin. I hear she's on Kuat."

"Correct, she finished playing at the Kau Kau Galleria an hour ago. Do you wish for me to play the live performance?"

"Yes, absolutely."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 03:46pm    Post subject:

Tseneca headed back to the cockpit. They had arrived at XyyX.
 Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 04:33pm    Post subject:

H6’s processors began to stir, his audioreceptors coming to life as he heard sparks dance in tune to his processors. He was being reactivated. But his memory core quickly began to repair itself, along with outside stimuli. He felt his motors grinding and sounding off as they turned and rotated, his internal clock suggesting he had been damaged for roughly five years. He corrected himself, his clock beginning to repair, five days. His photoreceptors activated last along with his speech.

”Don’t turn him on yet!” SAMM protested, but H6 was already collecting his barring and standing on his own two--blocks, being a more accurate term.

“Statement: Oh, but it would not be enjoyable to me if I wasn’t able to torture you so soon, SAMM.”

”Lucas, please shut him off.” SAMM insisted.

H6 glared at Lucas, then cocked his head, curious if he’d shut him down again. Lucas shook his head and began to tinker within his systems.

After another half-hour of repairs, Lucas began to ask H6 the same questions he asked when he was damaged the first time. After fixing a few minor errors in his speech like last time, and his body was turned again, they heard Tseneca announce over the shipwide com, almost on cue.
“We’re here, someone help Jonas and Sara to the gangplank when we land, carefully now.”

Master walked into the room, carefully carrying Sara along with a pink haired woman, while Alisson, Kyp and an unknown Jedi helped wheel an unconscious Jonas in front of the boarding ramp. But H6 didn’t see Clare anywhere. He carefully paced to Master, to begin relaying the message he had briefly recorded of Dorniekke’s deceitfulness and lies, that he wished to cause harm to Master.
“Playback: How much of that did you hear?” he played the recording, Master glaring at H6, then turning his attention away. H6 just now noticed that Master was wearing his robes again, but dyed black for some reason.
H6 didn’t know what to say or do, except cock his head to why Master wouldn’t thank him for the warning.

“H6,” Sara said, “Clare’s dead.

“State--” he tried to begin, but cut himself off at the sight of Master, a blank expression on his face. It was true, and as he activated his own comlink, still active and gathering the message as well, he listened to what raged on nearly three days ago. The gangplank lowered, and medical personnel entered and helped the others off the ship, H6 volunteering to stay behind and watch the ship. His true purpose, however, was to watch the security logs, to find out what was happening.

Medical Attention First Previous Next Latest
H6-32 First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 21st 2010 04:41pm    Post subject:

The Leaper is now at Medical Station XyyX: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=622
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 02:01pm    Post subject:

H6 watched the security footage taken from SAMM over the course of the last five days, to catch up where everyone left him off. He saw his body, carefully being placed in the cargo hold by Master and Clare, quickly raising their blasters in surprise as he stirred briefly. The footage jumped forward to Clare facing a bounty hunter holding a piece of paper in his hands. H6 paused the videofeed and zoomed in, quickly noticing the bounty that was on Tseneca, Jonas, Lucas and Firi‘s heads. He played the video, watching Master stupidly drop his blaster in an attempt to save Clare.

The bounty hunter began to spin and fire his blaster wildly, Master taking the opportunity and attacking and brutally beating the hunter. H6 approved.
He turned his attention away from the security footage briefly, seeing Tseneca pace towards the cockpit.
H6 watched the footage again, quickly realizing SAMM had caused a distraction for Badim.

He watched something that was recorded two hours later, seeing Kyp Durron enter, then followed by Master and Tseneca ten minutes later. The rest of the footage was meaningless conversations and actions, and he cut the video off and began to make his way to the cargo hold, where he saw Tseneca leaving the cockpit.
“Statement: Tseneca, it is wonderful to see you again,” he said, catching her attention slightly, “Query: Since I have been deactivated for the past few days, what have I not been informed of? Aside from Master and…” he wanted to say Clare, mate or companion, but all would bring back Clare into their minds. Instead, he let off a sympathetic sigh. Organics were driven by emotion and were unstable in emotional peeks such as this. Jonas and Sara were in a medlab, and everyone dimly knew about Clare’s death.
“You’ve missed a lot,” Tseneca said while she rubbed the back of her neck, “And I wouldn’t ask too many questions to Badim.”

“Query: Why?”

Tseneca began to push past H6 in hast, before jokingly continued, “Lucas might have to repair you again.” She wanted it to come off as a joke, H6’s processors and photoreceptors could see that in her face, but her eyes showed that it’s what would happen if he asked the wrong question.
Tseneca wiggled past his seven foot tall exterior and left the Leaper back into the floating hospital. H6 shifted uneasily and uncontrollably, as he returned to the cargo bay to deactivate and recharge.

H6-32 First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 05:21pm    Post subject:

Badim watched as Jonas was carefully loaded into the Escrow with Alisson and Lucas. Sara was standing and walking, barely though. She was assisted by a nurse, carefully being handed off to Badim as they entered the Leaper with the rest of the crew. Sara was carefully placed in the sickbay as she rested a little more easily with Firi beginning to sing a beautiful song for therapy, also with Jonas and Lucas on the Escrow.
Sara looked at Badim with his redonned cloak, curiously looking at him, wondering what he was going to do now that everyone was relatively safe. Badim looked at the gangplank, slowly closing as a reactivated H6 watched the lights of the hospital shine through the closing gaps.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, he recognized it was Tseneca’s, “You want me to drop you off at Ord Mantell? It‘s out of the way, but I‘ll do it… For Clare.”

Badim didn’t face her, letting the thought roll through his head. He hadn’t forgotten Jelahan, or the choices Kyp made him constantly consider. Tseneca was a good friend, caring and staying away from the dark like she promised. But he was failing in their pact, even if he was the one who started it. He didn’t know where he would go after Jelahan, if he would fall into an even deeper darkness or not.
“No.” Badim said, finally facing the woman behind him.

“What about Jelahan--?”

“Jonas is still in trouble,” Badim said, “I’m not leaving until he’s well again. I’ll go to Ord Mantell, after we’re done on Thyferra. Jelahan will pay, but my friend needs as many companions as he can get right now.”

Tseneca nodded, then left for the cockpit, following the Escrow into Hyperspace. H6 glitched, and made a rodian type of sound. Lucas would have to make a final tweak to his systems, but it made Badim reminisce about his first assassination on Nar Shaddaa… And a girl

Badim stepped out of the shadows, his heart pumping as he looked at the cowering rodian at his feet, a rebellious nose ring through his lip. The alien was targeted by Dirod, a soft target for Badim’s first kill, but he gave a relentless chase.
Here he was, standing over a rodian with multiple stab wounds, Badim’s blaster aimed at the aliens chest despite his pleas. Badim cringed, trying to bring himself to pull the trigger and begin his new life. He had become cold since his near death experience a month ago with the weequays threatening him, but warmth was still lying somewhere in his body.
But it quickly vanished with the sudden trio of blaster bolts to the rodian’s chest. Badim grabbed his vibroknife and looked at the smoldering alien’s frozen expression, quickly cutting out the nose ring out as a prize for Dirod.

He looked to the streets, noticing a girl watching him complete his task. In fear of being exposed, he rushed into the darkness of the alley behind him, but something made him stop, and turn back. He watched the girl from the shadows as she studied the rodian, then wrench the blaster out of it’s hand, one that it couldn’t bring to bare against Badim. He kept quiet, even as a trio of weequays entered the alley and began to threaten her, but she fought back with fear. She got to her feet, running away from the retreating weequays, running straight into Badim. She uttered a few meaningless sounds, before building enough strength to speak, “There were three weequays over there--” she turned and pointed back to where the encounter happened, dropping the blaster in shock, “They were going to kill me.”
She was trying to make herself feel innocent after harming the aliens, her blue eyes throbbing in shock and fear. She quickly reached down and picked the blaster she had dropped a moment ago, fearing Badim had the same intention as the weequays.
She wasn’t a target, a girl who was trying to survive, much like he had a month ago. A faint beam of warmth touched him as he tore the blaster from her hand, then quickly reloaded the DH-23 blaster with a clip compatible with it. She was young and a target for predators like the weequays she had just encountered, and with an empty blaster, she wouldn’t survive for long. He handed it back to her genially, letting her grip the weapon.
“Go.” he said as he made eye contact with her. She didn’t hesitate, and ran while he disappeared into the shadows again, gripping the nose ring that was in his hand, ready to hand it over to Dirod as a token of his first kill…

Badim was knocked out of his memory, fatigue of waiting for Jonas and Sara made him hungry and he went to the galley. Gripping a mug of caf and a tray of rations among a small bowl of soup. Letting his head swell with the mixture of aromas. He was alone, eating his meal in silence, at least until someone else got hungry and joined him.

Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines First Previous Next Latest

Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 05:32pm    Post subject:

Sara listened intently at Firi’s singing, listening to the wonderful notes that had brought the death to a dozen pilots on Nar Shaddaa, but also soothed Tseneca into health at the Jedi Temple. Sara looked at the diathim hybrid, her beauty surpassing anyone aboard the Leaper, and she was sure that she could win a galactic beauty contest as well if she had the thought to enter. There was a slow point in the song, ending and slowly beginning to start another soothing chorus.

“How have you and Dex been? I’ve been noticing some sparks between you two.” she asked, trying to spark a conversation aside from the therapeutic songs.

Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 12:16pm    Post subject:

Firi looked at Sara. She'd asked about Dex.

"I'm... fond of him." Firi answered. It was strange, what was happening between she and Dex was happening without her thinking about it, as if it were natural. He had an allure about him, a gentleness that she couldn't take for granted. She thought about the way her people chose mates, thought about how they co-inhabited. The Diathim didn't have life mates, sex came as a freedom for them. Firi didn't want that with Dex. She'd seen Badim and Clare and the way they got along, and wanted something like that.

Dex hadn't pushed her to mate yet, but she could tell he wanted to. It was like that with the males, hard for them to hide desire as it was physically present. Her own desire was matched with his, but she was cautious. It wouldn't do to rush into things.

Sara looked at her thoughtfully. "What are you thinking of?" She asked.

Firi blushed. "Oh, nothing."
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 01:18pm    Post subject:

Sara crossed her arms at Firi’s claim of Nothing. She’d been around the bush, and though she possibly couldn’t find it, she knew it when someone else loved, or with Firi’s claim being Fond of someone. She’d seen the two in the medbay after they rescued Badim. Dex was dumbfounded, uttering meaningless words like any self-respecting teenager would.
“Really now?” Sara asked rhetorically, continuing the conversation where it had left off, “Doesn’t look like you’re thinking of nothing.”

Firi began to blush even further than before. Her eye narrowed on the floor as she thought a bit more, a thin smile beginning to form.
Sara put a gentle hand on Firi’s shoulder, then smirked, “Don’t wait too long. You know boys, they‘re clueless.”
After making the half-joke, half-serious note, she laid back into the medical bed and closed her eyes and waited for Firi to continue, either in the conversation they were having or in the therapeutic singing.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: