Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
YT-1250, Killer's Fate
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » YT-1250, Killer's Fate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 02nd 2009 12:16am    Post subject: YT-1250, Killer's Fate

YT-1250, Killer’s Fate

Expand

It was quiet in the cockpit aboard Badim Soilding’s ship, The Killer’s Fate, a YT-1250 freighter. A ‘prize’ that was awarded to him by Urnath Dirod, a Duros male, for completing an Assassination mission for him. Of course, Dirod had been dead for about a day already since Badim killed him, late last night on Nar Shaddaa. He made extreme hast to get off the world towards Tatooine. Badim gave up his high reputation of an Assassin for his Foster-Parents. Since he was born out of Wedlock by his real parents, who quickly dumped him into the slums of the planet. Brenna and Jaalib Soilding, the adopted parents of Badim, took him in and raised him. He lived in poverty for most of his life. Until he became an Assassin for Urnath Dirod at the age of eighteen. He started small, eliminating small targets, with little protection.
But as he became more and more experienced, he went on to bigger and bigger prey. And he killed them all. He didn’t question motives or answer pleas. He just killed. Which made him worrisome, as Dirod thoroughly enjoyed it. Hearing their pleas, passed on by their killer. Only one escaped his grasp. A woman named, Sara Soto, he couldn‘t get her image out of his head, even though it was five years ago. He was given the mission by Dirod when he was twenty. She had made an unacceptable mistake with Dirod, and he wanted her dead. He didn’t tell Badim what mistake she made, just telling him to kill her and get it done with. So, he left Dirod‘s office with his mission, she was located thirty kilometers North-East of Dirod‘s building, another mission, like any other. But the outcome would be very different than past missions. He remembered the mission as he pondered a necklace he had just pulled out of his pocket.

Five years ago

Badim entered Dirod’s office, it was a large room, almost ballroom size. It was furnished with unaccountable accessories, a large Holonet Television. Blue, plush couches, matching Dirod’s dark blue skin. And over in the far right area of the room, Twi’lek, Human, and Duros female entertainers gossiped on, again, blue couches. Bodyguards were everywhere. Badim didn’t care about them, even with their blasters, they were no match for his skill with his weaponry. He had a Vibroblade strapped securely, but accessibly to his back. An E-11 blaster on his right hip and a throwing knife on his left. He sported a white cloak with a large belt around his stomach. A red scarf looped around the belt and over his shoulder, hooking into a hook behind his belt. He walked across the blue carpet to Dirod’s desk. He had been staring out the window behind his desk. Watching the speeders and ships dance in the night.
“The Rodian is dead, Dirod.” Badim said in a bold tone, “If that is all, I will head back home.”
Dirod didn’t say a word for a moment, still gazing at the skylines.
“I guess you don’t have anything for me…” Badim said as he began to turn away, “I will leave-”
“Have you not learned?” Dirod said as he pushed his chair around to face him, catching Badim’s attention, “That you will never be excused, unless I tell you that you are Excused.”
A silent moment passed, Badim attempted to think of what he was thinking through his solid green eyes. But couldn’t.
“Am I excused?” Badim said in an annoyed tone.
“No, you fool.” Dirod insulted, “I have one more target for you tonight.”
Then name it and I will kill it.” Badim insisted. Dirod smirked at this, “Always so persistent, aren’t we?” He reached into a slot in his desk, where he kept profiles of all his assured and potential enemies. He grabbed one and looked at the bottom, “Ah,” He said, confirming the correct Holodisk, “Here we are.” He slid the disk into a holo-projector that showed his next target. All that showed up was a location, where the target was located last, and a blurred profile image. “This is all we have of her as of late.” The Duro said.
“Her?” Badim asked,
“Yes, a Human female. Haven‘t I given you female targets before?” Dirod looked at him, attempting to see weakness in him.
“Yes, just, I haven’t had a female target in two years. It’s been a while.”
“Indeed,” Dirod said as he turned his attention back towards the holo-projector, “Her name is Sara Soto, she’s nineteen and she was just recently added to my Enemy list yesterday, while you were away killing that Rodian.”

“What did she do to get on that infamous list?” Badim asked,
“You need not know. As it is unimportant.”
“Very well.”
“I’ll cut to the chase, she’s located at the Meltdown Café in the Corelian Sector. Thirty kilometers North-East from here. Go, kill her. And bring me back the necklace she has around her neck at all times.” He ejected and threw the disk towards Badim. He caught it, nodded and replied, “I will bring the Prize back to you when I return, or I allow you the chance to kill me.” He turned around and began to make his way out when Dirod remarked, “I don’t think the latter will be necessary, I still remember the last time I tried that.” He said, feeling the slash on his cheek.

Meltdown Café, Corellian Sector.

Badim exited the speeder he barrowed from Dirod’s garage, an XJ-6 airspeeder with a fire-red paintjob. As long as he didn’t know, Badim was safe for taking one of the twelve speeders he owned. He was at the Meltdown Café, Level 88 in the Corellian Sector. To the information on the holo-disk, Soto was seeking refuge from Dirod by a friend, who owned the Café, due to her not having anyone but him left. A man named Shawn Collier. A close family friend. After ticking off Dirod, she went into hiding with Shawn. Though extremely unsuccessful. As Badim was on the trail. He entered the Café, it’s entrance was lined with lights that flashed on and off. Marketing the many drinks and foods that was served inside. When he got in, he entered a cloud of exhaled smoke and the smell of strong liqueur. He held his breath for a moment and stopped, shook his head and embraced it, unwillingly. He made his way past drunks, thugs and entertainers towards the bar. Where he saw the owner, Shawn Collier.
“Shawn.” He said, getting his attention,
“Hey, Stranger,” he replied with a smile to greet his customer, though this only stuck for a moment, “What can I get you?”
“I need to see a girl named, Sara Soto.” Badim said, Not very subtle with that one.
“Sorry, she’s unavailable at the moment.” Shawn replied, with a worried look on his face,
“You don’t understand,” He began, “I need to see her.” He pulled out his blaster and pointed it at his face, “Now.”
“Get out.” Shawn insisted, “You don’t know what your doing.”
“Yes,” he replied, “I do.” He quickly shifted his aim to his shoulder and fired a shot. The entertainers screamed and people began to scurry. Badim jumped over the counter and made his way up the staircase to Shawn’s private area. For him to get away and live in when he’s not working. He paused at the door and placed his ear against it. He could hear someone moving around in there, trying to find something. He backed away, and with a large force, kicked the door down.

As soon as he opened it, a blaster shot went past his head. He dodged and entered the room, flipped a table and hid behind it. “Get out!” Sara yelled,
“There’s no use, Sara! Just give up!” Badim replied.
“Never!” She yelled again, firing three shots into the table. They all pierced it, but missed Badim. He heard a second door open and shut. He looked up and saw she was gone. He didn’t get a look at her, so she didn’t know what she looked like yet. But he knew the door she went through, and Badim jumped out from his position and ran for it. He tried the handle. Locked, he muttered in his head. He pulled out his blaster and fired several shots into the lock. Blown open, he kick the door and ran up another staircase.

The chase led up to the roof of the Café. People could be heard screaming below. And Sara stood at the edge of the building, looking over it, looking as if she was going to jump off. Badim aimed his blaster as he moved in closer. He was about to pull the trigger, but hesitated. “Wait!” He yelled, What am I doing? I should just… I have to let her go. But how- That’s it! “I’ll strike you a deal!”
“No deal!” She yelled back, “I’m not bargaining with an Assassin!”
He got closer and closer to her, with his blaster still trainer on her.
“I’ll let you live,” He reasoned, “If you give me your necklace.” She looked down at it, grabbed it and pondered it more closely.
“It was a gift.” She said softly, “Why?”
“It’s the only bargaining chip you have to live, Urnath Dirod wants that as a prize, if I bring it to him, he’ll believe you’re dead.”
An echo from below shouted out to Sara, “Sara!” Shawn said, “Jump! I’ll catch you!” He reassured, Badim guessed it was him getting in a speeder to catch her. She looked down at him. Pondered the necklace once more, closed her eyes and ripped it off her neck. She opened her eyes and looked at her hand. Opened it and saw the necklace in it. She closed her eyes again and tossed it to him. Badim looked at it hit the ground in front of him, and then looked back at her and saw the look on her face.

She looked at him one last time, then jumped. Badim’s eyes widened for a moment, until he saw a speeder with her and Shawn in it, leaving the area. To who knows where. Badim bent down and grabbed the necklace and pondered it the way she was a moment ago. It was a locket, with a picture of her and her parents. He looked on the back and a sentence was inscribed on it.

To our loving daughter, you will always be ours, no matter what.
-From your Parents,
Have a Happy Thirteenth birthday.

Badim had kept the necklace for five years, keeping it in his pocket. Another gift from Dirod for his ‘Success’. He still believed she died that day. But somewhere, she’s still alive. Somewhere.

Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 02nd 2009 02:17am    Post subject:

Expand

Badim watched out the window of the cockpit as the Killer’s Fate exited out of Hyperspace and entered the space around Tatooine. The crisp blue and white lines slowed from their fast pace back into individual stars and lights. Tatooine could be seen from here, almost completely eclipsed by the twin stars of Tatoo 1 and 2. A modification Badim added to the viewport of the Killer’s Fate was a photosensitive lens coating, to cut down the glare of intense light, such as a star. He looked away from the beauty of the sight to the controls. He pressed and flipped several buttons and switches to activate the landing sequence. The communications icon buzzed and flashed as an incoming message came in from the surface.
”This is Mos Eisley Starport control, please state your intentions.”
“This is Badim Soilding, Pilot of the Killer’s Fate. Requesting to land in the Starport.” He replied,
”Are you transporting any cargo today?”
“No, the only cargo I have is my personal possessions.”
”… Set your ship to travel to and land at,” The man paused to get the coordinates, “Zeta-142. A representative will be there waiting for you and give you information on fees and liability.”
“Thank you. I’ll be seeing your representative in about half-an-hour.” He closed the communication’s link and typed the coordinates into the computer’s autopilot, and sat back and let his eyes drift. Back to the night of Dirod’s Death.

Last Night

Badim entered Dirod’s Office, which was surprisingly empty of guards and entertainers. The only living beings in here were Badim, and the soulless creature that was Urnath Dirod. Whom the latter, was standing in front of his office window, always fascinated with the dance of risk with all the vehicles that fly past the window. Badim kept walking in a slow, cautious pace. Looking left and right looking for something. He’d never seen the office with no guards on duty. Dirod leaned his head over his shoulder, just enough to see through his peripherals. “Finally, you arrive.” He said, as he looked back to the window, “I was beginning to think you weren’t going to show.”
Badim stopped in the center of the room, continuing to look about the room. “I’ve never seen your office with no guards, Dirod,” he replied, “I was being cautious, me being the alert type.”
“Do not worry, they’re out celebrating the New Year, as is everyone. I am at no risk.” He assured himself, “But, two targets are at risk.” Badim realized that he was called for a mission and prepared himself to leave quickly, “Then tell me the names and where they are. And they will be no more.” Dirod turned around and had a sadistic smile across his face.
“You know very well who, and where they are.”
“Who?” Badim asked,
“First, let me tell you what they did to get on the list.” Dirod said as he began to retrieve a holodisk.
“Fine.”
Dirod grabbed the disk and set it on the desk, not going to open it just yet. “The targets you will go after have sought refuge with another local crime lord, Yhar’ish Rham. If they continue, they will spread word of his ’Good Fortune’ and all of the poor will no longer be under my thumb.” He picked up the holodisk and prepared to insert it into the projector, “If you assassinate the targets, they won’t spread word, and I will still be in control of the poor population in the local district.” Badim didn’t say a word, in a form of shock at what he was doing, what was going on this whole time in his career. But it was still for his foster-parents. He had to go along with it.
“Now, the names.” He inserted the disk and a horrifying image of a man and a woman appear, “Brenna and Jaalib Soilding. You know them, yes?”
“What!?” Badim said in an outburst, “My family-?”
False! False family! I know they’re your foster-parents, not your birth parents.” He took a pause as he took in the grief Badim was experiencing, enjoying it, “If it were your birth parents, I would find another target, or simply have you make them stop.” Pausing again, to take in more of Badim’s grief as his head sunk below his shoulders, “But since they’re not your real family. I could care less.”
“You know what to do now. So, get out of here and do what needs to be done.” He fell silent for a moment, seeing Badim stand there, “Or is there something you’d like to say?”

“Yes,” He replied, “All these years, I’ve worked and killed for you. Not realizing what you were until you revealed you intentions to me.” He walked closer to Dirod, whom was unafraid of him, unmoving or showing any signs of fear, “I will do what is right. And I will kill.”
“Good, now go.”
“But, I must say one thing about my future.”
“And?”
Badim got even closer to Dirod, still unafraid.
“That my career has ended with you, along with your death.” Dirod’s eyes opened so wide it would seem they would fall out of their sockets, but, before he could make any reactions to Badim. Warm blood trickled from his abdomen. He looked down and saw Badim’s knife-sized blade, with his hand on the hilt, embedded in him, he stuttered unethical words as he fell to his knees. Badim got to eye level with him, the blue pigment in Dirod’s skin turning paler, said to him, “Dirod, No one Deserves to die…
“Then why me-“ he pleaded.
Except for those who do.
Badim retrieved his blade from Dirod’s abdomen in such a harsh motion, it harmed the Duros more. Badim pushed him on his back. Where he laid until the guards found him dead in his office, already a few hours old. But Badim would be long gone. Heading towards Tatooine, to begin anew.

Not much, made that in thirty minutes. I'm heading to bed now, and will continue the story tomorrow.

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 02nd 2009 10:34pm    Post subject:

After installing and activating the tracking device, Badim left for the Chalmun’s Cantina, where he’d hope to find a job for his profession. Widely accepted as the best hangout for drunks, bounty hunters and assassins, it was said that the legendary Luke Skywalker came here just before the lucky guy destroyed the First Death Star. Music from a Bith band could be heard from the outside as he entered, not the original band, they were able to get out of their contract several years ago, but about just as good. He entered and found it bristling with patrons of all species, Twi’lek, Ithorian, Bothan, Tranosian and many other species that he was familiar with. He saw a table, sat himself down in the small metal chair and setup for a wait. While he waited, he pondered the necklace of Sara Soto as he usually does. He clipped it open and a family picture could be seen. He enjoyed seeing Sara, for one reason or another. He saw someone coming in his direction, a man. He quickly pocketed the locket.
“Are you the pilot of that YT-1250?” The man said,
“Who wants to know?” Badim replied as he looked into the old features of the man.
“You taking any passengers?”
“No.” Badim replied as he turned away from him.
“I’ll pay. Six-thousand credits.”
The amount got Badim attention, “An awful lot of credits isn’t it?”
“Yes, but it’s all for good use.” He replied as he set himself down in a chair opposite of Badim.
“Whom will I be transporting?”
“A woman. There’s no specific location, just as long as she’s away from here.”
“For how long?” Badim questioned,
“Not specified.”
“No deal-“
“Please, she means the world to me!” He replied desperately, “I know she’ll be safe with you!”
“Okay, okay, stop it. I’ll do it. But if she causes me trouble, I’m dumping her where-ever we get to.”
“Thank you! She’ll meet you at your ship. She’s good with mechanics, so if anything happens, she should be able to help!”

Mos Eisley StarDocks

Where is she? He’d been waiting for this woman for little under an hour already, he didn’t even know her name. He saw people come and go. But none of them approached him. He let off a long, tiresome yawn and gave up. He made his way inside his ship. But before he pressed the button to activate the lift, “Wait!” a female voice yelled out, catching Badim’s attention. He walked down the ramp and saw a woman cautiously approaching.
Expand

She wore a sleeveless black jumpsuit with brown straps, a large armband around her right arm, and a smaller one on her left. She loosely wore a brown utility belt, with several slots for whatever she would need, sporting tan gloves and a DH-23 blaster pistol. She wore a sun cloak over her head with a pair of wielding goggles, hiding her hair. The man did say she was great with machinery, which gave him the impression that he told the truth. She might become useful.
“You my pilot?” She said as she got closer. Badim leaned on one of the hydraulic pistons and said,
“Depends, do you have the credits your friend promised?” She pulled out a bag and tossed it to him.
He grabbed the bag that was terribly thrown and looked inside, there were indeed credits in it, “I’ll have to count it later. Welcome aboard, Miss?”
“You don’t need to know my name, yet,” She said, “May I request that we leave soon?”
Badim smirked and said, “Your friend didn’t specify a location. You go where I go. Got it?”
She crossed her arms and place most of her weight on one leg, swinging a hip out in one direction in a disappointing manner, “Then where too?” Badim looked up at her, briefly showing his hazel eyes, her eyes widened at him, for reasons unknown to Badim. He disregarded it as just suspense and said, “Corellia, I have to upgrade the engines and the weapons.”
She smirked at this, “Hot Roding your ships huh? Very well.” She said as she holstered her pistol and entered the Killer’s Fate. Badim shook his head and followed her in.

“The bunks are over there,” He pointed over to the portside of the ship, though she was oblivious to him, exploring the ship herself, but he tried to continue, “There’s a locker by each for storing your personals.” She looked around the ship’s main hold, which was partially filled with food and supplies, she remarked, “Nice ship,” continuing her search, eventually leading to the engineer compartment. “I’m glad I saw this,” she said, moving towards the hyperdrive core. Badim caught up to her and before she could touch the tracking device, he said, “What are you doing?”
“This tracking device you have. Where’d you get it?” Badim walked inside and said, “From that Advozse at that surplus shop in the marketplace. Why?”
“It’s a fraud. If you were to activate the hyperdrive, which I bet you would have, this particular device would activate and overheat the hyperdrive, most likely in hyperspace, and make it explode.” She skillfully removed it and showed it to him, “Let’s just say, bye bye.” Badim’s jaw dropped open. That bastard of a salesman.
She walked passed him, stopped, turned towards him and said, “Since we’re going to be together for a while, I would like to know of future purchases, so we may avoid an, Accident.” She left for the bunks, leaving Badim in the engine room. “This is what you give me?” He said, remarking to the man who sent the woman to him, “This better be worth the credits.” He made his way to the cockpit and had the Killer’s Fate leave Tatooine to Corellia.

Girl=1
Badim=0 :D

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, September 03rd 2009 04:10pm    Post subject:

The Killer’s Fate slowly lifted off the ground and flew off towards the vastness of space. This was going to be about a twelve hour flight to Corellia. Badim would spend most of this time training and exercising in the secondary hold. The ship sped past the surface of Tatooine as it ascended up into space. A green light on the control console lit up, alerting him that he was free to enter hyperspace. He selected the Corellian system in the Navicomputer, the autopilot came on and angled the ship to jump to Hyperspace. Badim didn’t watch it make the jump, he let the autopilot take care of getting them out of the system and left for the secondary hold. He walked down the corridor to the bunks to get his weapons, except for his E-11, he didn’t take any of his other weapons, that way he could run faster if he needed to. He walked in and saw his passenger cleaning her blaster. She looked up, saw him, and gave a small smile “Tatooine sand is bad for my blaster.” She said, returning to her work, “I have to clean it after nearly every outing I go out with it.”

“I felt the ship take off, are we on our way?” Badim walked in and opened his locker, “Yes.” his passenger put down her cleaning tool, placed her hand beneath her chin and said, “What’s your ship's name?”

Badim looked at her with a strange look and replied, “Tell me your name and I’ll tell you.”

“Okay,” She straightened herself, “Clare. Clare Velez.”

“The Killer’s Fate.” He removed the locket of Sara Soto and placed it in his locker, “What’s that?” Clare asked, staring at it.

“A Prize, from Crime Lord Urnath Dirod of Nar Shaddaa. Or at least he was, until I killed him last night. That’s how my ship got it’s name, the Killer’s Fate.”

“May I see it?” Clare requested, Badim nodded and let her hold it, she turned it around, saw the inscription and read it aloud,
To our loving daughter, you will always be ours, no matter what.
-From your Parents,
Have a Happy Thirteenth birthday.
” She paused for a moment, re-reading it in her head, “Well, that’s pleasent.”

“Indeed.” Badim said as he put it back in his locker, grabbed his weapons and began to leave the bunks. “Can you tell me when we’ll arrive at Corellia?” Clare asked.

“Little under twelve hours, why?” She got up and said, “I just wanted to know how much time I have to myself. Do you have a shower?”

“I built one in the Main hold.” He said, “Go ahead and use it.”

That wasn't as good as I thought it was, but, at least I got my character underway.

The Killer's Fate is now at Corellia.

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, September 03rd 2009 09:35pm    Post subject:

Badim closed his eyes in the secondary hold, concentrating on the manikin target he had setup. He removed his Vibrosword from its sleeve, brought it in front of his face, and recited the concept of the 'Way of the Blade' that he learned when taking training to wield a Vibrosword more effectively.
To mold the mind and body.” He stepped forward with one foot and extended his blade towards the manikin.
To cultivate a vigorous spirit,” He swung the blade at the manikin, purposely not hitting it,
And through correct and rigid training, To strive for improvement in the Way of the Blade.” He lunged forward, swinging the blade passed the left side of the manikin.
To hold in esteem human courtesy and honor.” He stepped back from the lunge, “To associate with others with sincerity.” He lunged forward again. This time swinging the blade passed the right side of the manikin.
And to forever-” Badim, about to slice into the manikin, was cut-off with his recital by Clare, who was leaning in the doorway,
Pursue the cultivation of oneself.” Badim pointed his sword at her, mistaking her for an attacker, his eyes still closed, “An interesting concept of combat to choice from.” She replied calmly, “I’ve taken a little training in that fighting style.” She looked at the blade and said, “As have you, it seems.”

“Excuse me,” He said, realizing it was Velez, “Did I say you could interrupt my practice?”
“No, I just thought you would want a moving target instead of a stationary one.” She replied with a cocky smile.
“I thought you were going to take a shower?” Badim said as he replaced the sword in its sleeve.
“I was, then I heard you reciting the Way of the Blade. And I just had to see your stance.” She jokingly said, getting an angry look from Badim. This look stuck for a moment, with him considering taking her up one her offer to fight with him. Then he replied with a smile, picked up one of the spare swords he had on a rack and handing it to her. She accepted it, placed it on the ground next to her, and removed her sun-cloak, previously hiding her dark brown hair, blue eyes and most other torso features. She picked up her blade and held it close to her face.

She wore a small smile on her face, her blue eyes shining. And her black hair, not one out of place, neatly combed to what seemed like perfection. Her broad shoulders were more visible than before. He suddenly felt attracted to her, more so than before. He was dumbfounded, feeling something he didn't know how to express, but before he could finish his thought, they were engaged in combat. Both swinging and blocking each other’s moves, the durasteel blades clanged and sparked as they hit. Badim and Clare pushing each other back a foot or two before regaining their footing and stance. Badim lunged forward, narrowly missing, with her dodging and coming down on his blade with her own. They clashed and the sonic resonating blades sparked as they vibrated against each other. She spun around to build momentum for a defeating strike. Bad move. He dropped himself to the floor, caught her leg with his and dropped her to the ground. Her blade slipped from her hand, the hilt clanged and echoed as it hit the floor. Before she could try and retrieve it, Badim had his blade at her neck, the sonic resonator deactivated.
“Well?” She said, panting as she stared him in the eyes, “What now?”
“The final verse in the Way of the Blade,” He said.
Clare smiled and said, “Stay your Blade from the flesh of the Innocent.” Badim returned the smile, placed his blade on the ground, grabbed her hand and helped Clare up.
“You had a nice form, Clare. Though, the spin was your downfall.” Clare gave an annoyed glance to Badim and replied, “Oh, just Shut up.” She lifted her arm up and sniffed her armpit.
“Wooh, I really need that shower now. See you later... What’s your name?”

“Badim.”

“See you later… Badim.” She said softly, they locked eyes for a moment, until she turned and entered the main hold.

The 'Way of the Blade' is a slightly modified concept of the modern Japanese sword fighting martial arts, 'Kendo'.

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 05th 2009 11:09pm    Post subject:

Badim placed his vibrosword back on the sword-rack, he’d been training for over two hours. He needed some sleep, he still had a long trip to Corellia. He, and Clare were going to The CEC, or The Corellian Engineering Corporation. Badim’s going to upgrade the Hyperdrive motivator to give The Killer’s Fate faster Hyperspace speeds. He made his way to the bunks, stopping in the main hold, checking in to see if Clare was out of the shower. She was. He shook his head and went to the cockpit. He wanted to check on the ship’s status before he went to sleep. He entered the cockpit and saw the blue and white streaks pass his ship. It was beautiful to him, the way the lines danced; they intersected and passed through each other. He didn’t even to begin to think of the physics behind Hyperspace travel. He just knew that the science behind it worked, and just admired it as he made his way to the controls. He diverted his attention to them, clicking and switch knobs, switches and buttons as he checked the system’s status on a Holoscreen. Everything looks to be in order, he thought to himself. He groaned as he got up and left the cockpit, finally heading to the bunks for some well needed sleep. He walked past the crew lounge, No one in there, he thought, making sure that no one smuggled onboard while he was away from The Killer’s Fate on Tatooine. He’d already checked the Engineering Compartment with Clare when they first got onboard, so they should be alright. Almost disappointed, half-hoping to see Sara in there, his mind clicked to think about her, I wonder where she could be in the Galaxy… He thought, lifting his head up to look at the ceiling as he walked to the bunks, I hope she’s alright. I’d really want to see her again, he was about ready to open the bunks, but hesitated, What about Clare? The way she looked at me before she went to shower. Could she…? He looked down, an instinct Human’s had when they were thinking hard. He then shook his head saying, “Nah… She just wants a job and a lift. She couldn’t be.” His mind made up, he pressed the button on the door to open it.

It whispered open and revealed Clare, in a white Cami top held on by two, string thin straps. And blue shorts that came just over her knees. She was on her back, eyes closed, listening to the hum of Hyperspace. She had a grin on her face, enjoying the soothing, almost lullaby-like sound. Badim grinned, seeing her like this. “Enjoying the-”
“Gah!” She said as she jumped out of bed, sprawled out on the floor, “What the Hell is wrong with you!? Don’t you knock!?”
“I’ve never had to knock before. I’ve never had passengers.”
“Well, don’t do it again… Ach, you scared the living shit out of me.” She began to get up, only sinking back down out of exhaustion.
“Here, let me help.” Badim reached for her, grabbed both of her hands and pulled hard; she helped by pushing with her feet. He pulled as she pushed, until she began to gain her footing, and Badim lost his. He fell on his back and Clare went forward. Badim hit the ground in a thud, letting off a quick “Blast!” before he fully hit. Clare landed on his chest, and through the force of inertia, their lips touched on accident. Quickly pulling their heads apart, they just stared at each other for a moment, with most of Clare’s hair flung to one side. The lighting hit her cheek in such a manner, she seemed to glow. She flushed red and began to make her way off, “Umm, S-Sorry B-Badim.” She got off of him and turned away, trying to hid her growing blush. Badim rolled onto his stomach and pushed himself off the ground, “I’ll… Let you sleep. I’m gonna sleep in the crew lounge tonight.”
“O-okay, g-good night.” Badim quickly left the room, not in hast, but fast enough to get him out of there fast. When he was no longer in the line of sight, he slowed down, entering the crew lounge. He threw himself on the couch in there; he turned over and looked at the ceiling, he looked at it for several minutes, until his eyes got heavier, and closed. His sight went black as he drifted off into his dreams.

~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~

Badim trekked through a dark, dim area, surrounded by trees, small and big. He didn’t know this place; his heart was pumping, ready for anything to happen. He had his blaster ready, he saw something black float in front of him for an instant.

He fired several, futile shots at nothing, it was gone before he could the shots off. He looked around, left and right, scanning for any sign of it.
‘Leave! Before it’s too late!’ A woman, sounding like she was just ahead, warned. The voice was familiar to him. ‘Sara!?!’ He rushed through bushes in front of him and saw her, finally his search was over, he’d found her. Or at least he thought, she stood several feet in front of him, wearing the same clothing she wore when he’d let her go. He red hair, dulled by the darkness, flowed in the breeze that slowly began, ‘This will be the death of you…’
She said, she stepped back a few more feet, Badim tried to go forward to meet her, but was stuck, as if his feet were concrete, he tried reaching for her. But as he stretched his hand, three of the black creatures formed behind her. He tried to warn her, but she wouldn’t listen. The creatures gathered around her and fused to her. He yelled out in grief, ‘NO!!!!’ All traces of her were gone, just a black mass remained, which grew larger, and larger, until it reached the size of half a Rancor. Six large spikes appeared upon its back, tucks protruded from its mouth, along with hundred of sharp teeth, clawed hands grew as the creature turned from pure black, to an evil red color. Badim, finally able to step back a few feet, feared the creature. It was also feared by Jedi, a Terentatek.
Expand

He raised his blaster to it and began to fire, shots reflected off its hide, he kept firing, unscathed by his attacks, the creature lumbered towards him slowly, and menacingly. His gun emptied, all of the shots used. He hadn’t caused a scratch, he quickly threw the small knife he had at it, but it hadn’t done a thing. He resorted to his Vibrosword, he reached and.

His sword wasn’t there. He spun around trying to see if he dropped it somehow. There it laid, a jump away from him retrieving it. The creature began to build momentum and closed the gap. ‘Now or never.’ He leapt for it and touched the hilt of his sword, ‘Come on!!!’ He yelled in his sleep, too far, too late. The creature grabbed his leg and began to pull. Badim tried one last time and reached with all his strength and grabbed it. The creature brought him up over its head and opened its mouth. Badim swung the sword at its hand and sliced into it. It let out a blood curdling shriek as it dropped him. He felt his leg bend and break. He tried to let out a scream of agony, but couldn’t. The pain intensified as it set, as with the creature. It swallowed its pain and looked down at Badim. It swatted his sword out of his hand and grabbed him again, lifted him over its head once more. And let go of him. ‘Ahh-’

“-Hhh!” He leapt out of bed, sweat dripping from his nose, his heart pumping and looked around the lounge, satisfied that it was The Killer’s Fate instead of the black arena he was in, he laid back down and exhaled. He looked at the ceiling and said, “Durasteel never looked so gooood.” He looked at the timer on a little clock, he’d setup for décor, he’d been asleep for six hours. “Damn. Still got a few hours to burn…”

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, September 06th 2009 11:01pm    Post subject:

Badim looked out of the cockpit window as Corellia came into view, it was a beautiful sight. A backwater planet with green and white terrain, of which could be seen from The Killer’s Fate. In orbit, Badim could see the Corellia Engineering Corporation shipyards. He sent a docking request to the shipyards. He waited a moment until a representative’s voice could be heard, “This is the CEC shipyard administration center, may I ask what your business is with us today?
“I need to upgrade the weapons and hyperdrive onboard my ship. Can you do that for me?”
Yes, we can do that for you.” The woman said, “Killer’s Fate, please dock at freight shipyard 35-Beta. A mechanic will be waiting for you there to assess what upgrades you would like. Thank you for your business today.

“What’s the meaning behind The Killer’s Fate anyways?” Clare asked as she came in, Badim looked over his shoulder as she approached the co-pilot seat, “I killed a killer. Urnath Dirod. He used me to kill his enemies, or what I thought were enemies. I changed it’s name after I killed him, me being The-

Killer’s Fate… I get it now,” She shifted uneasily, rubbing her arm in a nervous way. He knew what she was going to bring up, last night, “Badim, about last night… I think we should put it behind us.”

“It was a fluke,” he replied, in an almost, emotionless tone, “Nothing more.” Clare’s face showed signs of disappointment, but she nodded her head and said, “A fluke… I agree. Our relationship hasn’t changed, business partners, if you would call that.”

“I would put it more like, crewmates.”

Corellian Engineering Corporation shipyards
Freight Shipyard 35-Beta

“Welcome aboard the CEC shipyards, Sir.” The mechanic said as Badim and Clare exited The Killer’s Fate, “What would you like for your ship? Maintenance or-“

“I need a Series 401 Hyperdrive motivator, AG-2G quad laser cannon on the ventral side only, and a routine checkup on the engines, they’ve been a bit slow lately, likely not having been used in four years.” The man’s jaw dropped at the speed Badim requested everything, he fumbled with a pen and datapad as he tried to get the get the information right, “O-ok… A Series 301, no, 401 motivator… An AG-2G quad laser, ventral only, and a routine checkup?”

“That’s it, how much?” The man crunched numbers and said, “The checkup is free… The motivator and turret would come out to... 15,000 or so credits. 5000 upfront.”

“Okay,” Badim said as he entered The Killer’s Fate to retrieve the full amount of credits. He fumbled around in his locker, counting out the correct total. He returned with a small bag of credits, “Here you go, should be all of it. Now, how long are we looking for the upgrades to be complete?”

“Say…” The man said as he worked out the schedule in his head, “About a day.”
“That’s gonna have to do.” He motioned the bag of credits to the man, but he declined,
“Here, follow me, you’ll pay the credits up at the counter.” He motioned Badim and Clare to follow. The man got behind the counter and said, “Can I see the credits?” Badim handed him the bag to the man. He emptied it and began counting. While he did, Badim’s eyes drifted, behind the man there was a wall of holo-pictures, of customers whom were satisfied with their service. He looked at all the faces, men, women and alien alike. But near one end of the counter, one picture caught his eye. He squinted trying to get a better view. Failing that, he walked around to that end to get a better look.
“You…” he whispered to himself. The movement caught Clare’s attention; she followed him to view the picture herself.
“Can I see that picture?” Badim asked as he pointed to the one he couldn’t take his eyes off of. “Huh? Oh yeah.” The man said as he took the picture off the wall and handed it to him. He looked at it, his eyes in disbelief.
“Who is it?” Clare asked.
“When was this picture taken?” The man looked at the back and said, “Uh, Month 5, Day 15, three years ago.”
“One and a half years after I let her go.”
“Badim, Who is it?”
“Do you know where they went after this picture was taken?” The man replied, “Uh… If I remember correctly, Kashyyyk.”
WHO is it!?”
“I’ve been looking for her for five years.”
“Who?”
“… Sara Soto… Can I keep this?”
“Huh? Oh, yeah, go ahead. Anyways, the amount you paid is correct. In a day, come on back and you can leave.”
“Okay… We’ll be here tomorrow…” He replied, entranced by the sight of Sara.

Well, I guess to have things move on, you have to suck a bit :P

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 07th 2009 09:06pm    Post subject:

24 hours Later

The Killer’s Fate sped out of the shipyards at an alarming rate. Turns out, there was a plasma buildup in the engines, reducing the output of the Ion drives. Unaware to Dirod and himself, it had actually not been in use for, what the mechanic assumed, fifteen or more years. This was enough time for the plasma, in adversely left on for fifteen years, to buildup and degrade the Ion engines. Luckily, it was all within warrenty.
“Clare, set in the coordinates to Kashyyk.” Badim asked, looking out of the cockpit with a blank, determine stare. Clare didn’t say a thing, she went to the Navicomputer and typed ‘Kashyyyk’ into the system. Numbers and symbols flashed and scrolled across the screen, calculating information on how many jumps to make, the safest route and so on. She left the screen and went back to her seat. The stars began to streaked, the blue and white hues intensified as they extended longer and longer, until they completely encompassed The Killer’s Fate, throwing both Badim and Clare back into their seats momentarily. Once they were safely in Hyperspace, all was still quiet. Badim didn’t speak, didn’t remove his stare or move. It seemed as if he didn’t even breathe, relieving Clare when his chest slightly extended.
“Soooo….” She began, trying to start a conversation, “Who is Sara Soto?” Badim didn’t reply, continuing his stare.
“What’s she like-?”
“-I don’t know.”
“Huh?” Badim replied, but didn’t break his stare, “I don’t know her, except for her name and her locket.” He paused, breaking his stare for just a moment to look down, “I’ll tell you how I met her…”

(Review first post for Sara Soto flashback)

“—And that’s what the locket read. I’ve never seen her since, until now.” Clare fell silent, almost in disbelief of how obsessed he was about this girl. Of which was now, 24, one year older than herself.
“Okay, I’m with you.” She replied with a grin, “Huh?” He said as he broke his gaze and looked at her,
“I’ll help you find her, she seems important to you. And we’re crewmates, I have to help you.”
“… Okay, we’ll be at Kashyyyk in twenty-four hours. We better rest up.”

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 08th 2009 12:53am    Post subject:

Four Hours Later

Badim recited the last verse in the Way of the BladeAnd to Stay your blade from the Flesh of the Innocent.
“I know, I know” Clare replied annoyingly from the ground, with Badim’s blade against her neck, “Now help me up.” She motioned her hand towards him, he grabbed it and pulled her up, holding his ground better this time, not wanting to go through what happened yesterday. Clare blushed slightly, remembering what had happened before.
“Thanks for the practice, Badim, I’m going to head to the lounge and watch a holovid or two.” Badim nodded silently, she returned the nod and went on her way. He locked the training room door and walked to a footlocker, where inside, a dummy laid; he heaved it over his shoulder and set it up. He grabbed his blade and held its hilt with determination. He began to swing and recite the chant again, when the images from the dream he had the other night flashed in front of him; the Terentatek approaching him, his shots useless, his leg, the creature about to devour him. His eyes widened with the memory. He shut them tight and shook his head hard. They disappeared. He looked around the hold. Everything’s the same… He let off a sigh of relief, I’ve been working too hard and with the thought of seeing Sara again… I’m stressed to my max. I need some sleep. He placed the sword back on it’s rack and exited the training room. He entered the bunks, Clare was doing what she said she would, in the lounge watching holovids. He stripped himself of his cloak, threw himself onto his cot and began to drift. He let out a long yawn and closed his eyes shut.

~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~

Badim saw himself trekking through the dark, dim area again. He still didn’t know this place; he felt his heart pumping. He still had his blaster ready. Like before, he saw something black float in front of him for an instant. He tried to force himself not to fire the shots at it, but he couldn’t influence it. He fired several, futile shots at nothing, it was gone before he could the shots off. He looked around, left and right, scanning for any sign of it. ‘Leave! Before it’s too late!’ A woman, sounding like she was just ahead, warned. The voice was familiar to him. ‘Sara!?!’ He rushed through bushes in front of him.
He tried to stop running, not wanting to revisit the transformation of Sara into that monster.
He went through the thorn bushes until he saw her, finally his search was over, he’d found her. Or at least he thought, she stood several feet in front of him, wearing the same clothing she wore when he’d let her go. He red hair, dulled by the darkness, flowed in the breeze that slowly began, ‘This will be the death of you…’ She said, she stepped back a few more feet, Badim tried to go forward to meet her, but was stuck, as if his feet were concrete, he tried reaching for her. But as he stretched his hand, three of the black creatures formed behind her.
“No… Not again…”
He tried to warn her, but she wouldn’t listen. The creatures gathered around her and fused to her. He yelled out in grief, ‘NO!!!!’ All traces of her were gone, just a black mass remained, which grew larger, and larger, until it reached the size of half a Rancor. Six large spikes appeared upon its back, tucks protruded from its mouth, along with hundred of sharp teeth, clawed hands grew as the creature turned from pure black, to an evil red color. Badim, finally able to step back a few feet, feared the creature. It was also feared by Jedi, a Terentatek.

He tried to make himself run, but the dream fought back and resisted.

He raised his blaster to it and began to fire, shots reflected off its hide, he kept firing, unscathed by his attacks, the creature lumbered towards him slowly, and menacingly. His gun emptied, all of the shots used. He hadn’t caused a scratch, he quickly threw the small knife he had at it, but it hadn’t done a thing. He resorted to his Vibrosword, he reached and.

“Just dive back!” Badim yelled, trying to get his other self to listen.

His sword wasn’t there. He spun around trying to see if he dropped it somehow. There it laid, a jump away from him retrieving it. The creature began to build momentum and closed the gap. ‘Now or never.’ He leapt for it and touched the hilt of his sword, ‘Come on!!!’ He yelled in his sleep, too far, too late. The creature grabbed his leg and began to pull. Badim tried one last time and reached with all his strength and grabbed it. The creature brought him up over its head and opened its mouth. Badim swung the sword at its hand and sliced into it. It let out a blood curdling shriek as it dropped him. He felt his leg bend and break. He tried to let out a scream of agony, but couldn’t.

He felt the pain the other Badim felt, but he could still speak, “Crawl away... Into that tree!!!”

The pain intensified, muting the demand as it set, as with the creature. It swallowed its pain and looked down at Badim. It swatted his sword out of his hand and grabbed him again, lifted him over its head once more.

“No!!!” Badim yelled desperately,

And let go of him. ‘Ahh!!!’

Badim began to give up hope as he continued to watch, until…

A blaster shot hit the creature in the face, making it step back just enough for Badim to miss its mouth. He landed on a pile of soft moss, of which he’d missed, let alone know about it, before. The creature backed off, and to his surprise, retreated. He looked up in the direction of the blaster bolt. A person stood atop a small hill. The human was too blurred to see what the gender of it was. But he was truly grateful to whoever it was. ‘Ach, Thank you-’

He awoke from his dream, forced out by whatever forces controlled dreams. He looked around, Clare was in her cot, fast asleep, he looked around and saw another clock he’d setup, he’d been asleep for about seven hours. He shook his head, checked his leg to insure it wasn’t broken and tried to get some more sleep. Hoping not to encounter the dream again… But he was not in control of his dreams.

Okay, that was 'decent', I’ll get them to Kashyyyk tomorrow… Right now its 10 O’clock, I got school tomorrow. G’night!

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 08th 2009 09:01pm    Post subject:

The Killer’s Fate is now at Kashyyyk.

The Killer’s Fate slowly drifted onto one of the landing pads here in Rwookrrorro, the Capital of Kashyyyk. He wasn’t guided in like the other starports. But as he looked around, he saw that the tree-top city was bristling with activity. Mostly by Wookies.
“Well, here we are.” Badim said to Clare, “Any guesses where to start?”
“Hmm… What about the ‘Outsiders’ section of Rwookr-…-rore?”
“A hard name to pronounce, huh?” Badim replied, with a nearly invisible grin on his face. Clare just nodded and smiled.
“Let’s get started.” They both got out of their seats and made their way to the exit ramp, “Uh, you go ahead without me, I just need to grab something.”
“Don’t be too long, Badim.” Clare said, pressed the button on the ramp controls and watched the hydraulics lower it. Badim left for the training room, or secondary hold, first. He grabbed his weaponry he’d need. He was about to grab his E-11, when the images of his dream flashed in front of him. He saw Rwookrrorro, and himself lowering down into the ‘Shadowlands” by himself. He saw himself shooting the creature, being useless against it. He snapped out of it, realizing that he was here, the area that his dream warned him about. He realized that he couldn’t take it, being useless on the creature. Instead, he packed an extra, lighter Vibroblade. He checked the strapping on the Vibrosword on his back, being sure to secure it nice and tight. Satisfied, he went to his final location, the bunks. He opened his locker and there, hung on hook, was Sara’s locket. He grabbed it and stuffed it safely in his pocket, a good luck charm.

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 16th 2009 11:27pm    Post subject:

Clare didn’t take kindly to Badim being gone for the past two days, being attacked, his sprained arm or Diann Reeves joining the crew. Though dislocated before, the drop from the creature relocated his arm. All the pain that remained was from a sprained ligament, due to his arm being bent the wrong way. But with some pain killers, He should be using his arm in no time at all, the doctor at the medical clinic assured him. Diann did all the talking. Badim had just come to the realization that he’d never see Sara again and fell into depression. All he said was, “Nar Shaddaa…”
He sat in the cockpit, alone, looking at the stars as they sped past The Killer’s Fate, entering Hyperspace. Knowing that his only reason for sparing innocent people, was from Sara. He reluctantly, decided to return to his old ways. Killing. He would go to Nar Shaddaa, to be an Assassin once more. This brought back the memory of when he was first discovered by Dirod.

~~~Seven Years Ago~~~

A young nineteen year old walked the lower city streets of Nar Shaddaa, his head high looking for Help Wanted Signs, wanting to help support his loving foster-parents. Cantinas, Supermarkets, docks everywhere he looked, he couldn’t find anything. It seemed that in a mega-metropolis like Nar Shaddaa, every job opening was filled. His head was so high, that he didn’t realize he was bumping into the wrong person. “Ooff!” Badim involuntarily let out as his chest deflated unexpectedly. The force of the bump was strong enough to push him on his back.
“Uh, hey sorry about-”
“Shut up!” The male Weequay shouted at him, with two others of the same species behind him. He reached down at Badim, gripped hard on his shirt and pulled him up in front of his face and started to yell at him.
“Look sir-I-I’m sorry-please I just want to find a job-”
“Didn’t I tell him to shut up boys?” He asked his friends.
“Sounded like he wants a fight to me.”
“What? No-no no no. I just want to find-”
“Too bad, you won’t be finding a job in this lifetime. Because I’m gonna end it.” He raised his fist up into the air, primed it to strike and began to beat him senseless. Pain filled his face, intensifying with each strike. He paused, threw him on the ground and laughed over him menacingly. His friends joined him in his laughter. Badim wallowed in his pain, he looked up in anger against the soulless creature, spotted his sleeved vibro-knife, and he’d need to grab that to survive. If he failed, he’d be dead. Though, if he did nothing he’d be dead as well. He made his decision; he reached for and unsleeved the alien’s knife. The alien was laughing so hard with his friends; he didn’t feel him remove it, until it was lodged in his back. The alien looked down and saw the tip of the knife protruding slightly out of his chest. His friends stopped laughing when they saw the blood trickling out. The alien with the knife in his back began to cough blood. He felt the edge of his mouth, saw his own blood and said,
“Heh, that was *Cough* unexpected.” Badim forcibly pulled the blade out of its back. Its eyes rolled into the back of his skull and he fell over backwards. His friends looked at his lifeless body, then to Badim. His hand holding the blade shaking violently, until the blade dropped out of it. The dead alien’s friends faced changed from surprised, to anger. And they began to approach him. Badim stepped back, fearing that this would be his head. Until-
“I would not do that if I were you.” Badim turned around to see who said that. A blue Duro in a brown and red tuxedo, with four Nikto bodyguards arm crossed at his side walked up behind Badim.
“Look-L-leave us alone Dirod, we’re just having some fun with this kid.”
“Indeed not. Leave, now. Or I’ll do to you, what I did to your friend last month.” The aliens quickly whimpered and ran away. Badim fell silent, amazed at how easily the alien could get rid of them.
“Thank you. Um, Dirod. I’m sorry; I don’t have anything to repay you. But I need to go and find a job-”
As Badim began to move away, but he was replied with the Duro smirking at him, then said, “Not so fast. I have a job for you.”
“Really?!”
“Come with me to my office. Oh, and I’d keep that knife if I were you.”

~~~Present~~~

He pondered at the Weequay's knife, his grip was stronger now, he held it with meaning. He kept it for himself being his own personal reminder, of how he got into all this. Little did he know, he would be returning to that life style, the path of the killer.

The Killer’s Fate is now at Nar Shaddaa {Mid-Rim}
(Can a CMAC move this please?)

Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 23rd 2009 06:13pm    Post subject:

Clare didn’t want to bother Badim, he was taking the loss of Sara hard. She didn’t want to impose and lose her position aboard The Killer’s Fate. She didn’t enjoy the thought of sharing attention with Diann though. How she just wiggled her way into their relationship. He or Diann didn’t know it, but she had – feelings for him. Ever since she and Badim had their little accident, in the crew lounge a few nights ago; she just couldn’t stop thinking about him. And with Diann onboard, who would more than likely accompany Badim during his missions, that would greatly interfere with what she’d put together.
’But what about Candrog?’ she thought, ’What about the mi--?’
Before she could finish her thoughts, Diann walked in on her, carrying her duffle-bag. “So,” She stupidly began, of course that could just be her feelings altering it, “Which bunks mine?”
Clare just shook her head, Three bunks, three people. Two of them have things on them. Which one do you think is yours? You stupid Bit-.
“Well?” She asked again.
Shook her head again, heaved a heavy sigh and pointed to an empty bunk, “That one.”
“Thanks.” She threw it onto her assigned bunk and began to unpack. Clare shifted uneasily, and asked, “Why are you here? Why’d you want to come with complete strangers?” All she did was grin and shake her head. A long pause and stare followed, until she explained why.
“I was on Kashyyyk for too long. And from what your friend – Badim – told me that he was traveling the Galaxy. So, I thought it was a good opportunity to-”
“Listen, because of you, he’s depressed. Unless you can do something for this crew – I want you gone before we leave Nar Shaddaa again. Got it?” She was shocked at what Clare had said to her. The only thing she could say was, “Okay. If I can’t find anything to do for you two, I’ll leave.”

Good.

Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, October 15th 2009 07:24pm    Post subject:

The Killer’s Fate lifted off the landing pad as it did when Badim first left Nar Shaddaa a week ago. It soared past buildings and ships as it ascended out of the atmosphere. Badim set the coordinates for Telos, it was the only place he could think of going to. He looked at the stars as his ship angled to the correct vector to leave for Hyperspace. Something didn’t feel right about it though. But he didn’t argue with the NaviComputer. He left the cockpit for the training room, he took a Vibroblade off it’s rack and began to recite the Way of the Blade in his head. As he always does.
To mold the mind and body.
To cultivate a vigorous spirit.-
“Badim?” Diann asked as she stood in the doorway, “Are you okay?”
He didn’t respond, he just stood there, remembering his foster parents. How they loved him, and how he loved them back.
“Badim…?” Diann asked again. He made his way to the door to shut it. But as he reached for the button, he couldn’t help but look at her. Her eyes were shining. A tear ran down her cheek.
“Why are you crying?” Badim said, successfully masking the same feeling.
“I-I… I lost my… Parents too… Six years ago.”
“I’m sorry.”
“All I’m saying… Is that I understand what your going through. I just wanted to check on you.”
“I’m doing… Okay… I just need some time to myself.”
“Okay, I’ll see you later Badim.”
Badim pressed the button and the door hissed shut.

Lame, but... I guess some times I need to suck to continue on.

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, November 02nd 2009 12:51am    Post subject:

The Killer’s Fate came out of Hyperspace, not at Telos, but some other planet. A planet of snow and ice, Badim didn’t know anything about this place or its name for that matter. He just sat there with Clare and Diann in the cockpit, bewildered at the sight of this planet. The silence lasted for what seemed like forever. Clare looked at the planet hard, trying to think a name to associate it with. Badim’s mind made the connection to check the Navicomputer for a name himself. ‘Rh-
BOOOMM!!!
The Killer’s Fate shook and turned as its engines lost control. Badim quickly looked at the display screen in front of him. He cursed aloud at it; they had stumbled into an asteroid belt on their way in and hit a small, stray meteor, big enough to tear a hole in the engine compartment. It was quickly sealed off by a pair of blast-doors; but the meteor hit the control link between the engines and the cockpit controls. The ship began to spin uncontrollably; Clare and Diann were already gone, running towards the escape pods. It clicked in his head that The Killer’s Fate was going down. He’d need to make it to the escape pods himself before it crashed. The last view of the planet from the cockpit was of a close view of the planet, closing in faster and faster as they tumbled towards it. The ship began to heat up as it entered the atmosphere.
This was the last place he wanted to be. On a burning ship heading towards a crash-landing. On an unknown planet, somewhere in the outer-rim. Badim stumbled and tripped his way to the escape pods. He heard an escape pod launch. ‘One more left.’ He muttered in his head. Another explosion was heard, of the ship breaking the sound barrier. He saw the escape pod doors; it appeared to glisten to him. He didn’t care if it was polished or not. It was his ticket out of this-
The Killer’s Fate hit the peak of a mountain. The noise was gut-wrenching, metal tearing as the rocky tip tore into the ship. This sound only a millisecond, the ship was sent into a spin and Badim hit the bulkhead and blacked out.

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » YT-1250, Killer's Fate
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: