Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Varonat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Varonat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nor Ferrick
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, October 07th 2011 03:02pm    Post subject:

Nor didn't like the look of disdain the Kuat girl looked at the ship with. Actually, she didn't particularly like Isabel to begin with. Maybe it was the way she was dressed. Or her hair... it looked processed. That kind of blonde could only come out of a bottle.

She sighed and went about her work. She was just casting assertions. This whole thing really was her fault so she might as well lie in the mess she'd made. She hated when Jairon was mad at her. Honestly though, he still treated her like a sullen teenager, when she was trying to do right by him and the others.

She heard a gasp and a shriek from the back of the room. dropping her hydrospanner she spun around to see Dorhtb attacking Bella's head.

She stifled a giggle. watching him pull at Bella's golden locks with mandibles and appendages. Bella was cursing and trying to pull him off, to little avail. Finally, after a second, Nor stepped forward.

"Hold still, hold still." She said and Bella stopped moving breathing hard. "Sorry he likes... um... hair." She made a ticking sound to Dorthb, which roughly translated to "Hey, Dorthb, off limits okay." and he made a sound back which amounted to "gimmie gimmie gimmie want."

Nor sighed and began to unwind Bella's hair from Dorthb, gently and with care. Come to think of it, Bella's hair was actually very pretty, and instead of feeling a stab of envy that usually came with this revelation, she held it with her thumb and forefinger.

"It's nice." She said. "I mean, look at mine." She finished untangling the little bug from Bella and held up her own hair, frayed from the humidity and Dorthb's repeated attempts at burying himself in it. "He's very determined, when it comes down to it."

Once free, bella sat back and rubbed her sore head. "He does that all the time?"

Nor nodded. "Its the worst when I'm asleep. I wake up with a veritable nest on top of my head. Jairon keeps telling me not to let him, But he loves it so much, I can't bear to tell him no." She reached out and scratched Dorthb's chin. He made a sighing sound and licked her her hand with a flash of his long tongue.

Bella was looking at him with a mix of fascination and wide eyed disgust. Nor couldn't help but smile.

"He does take some getting used to. Jairon had him on board for his skills as a mechanic. He's a genius really. But then, after the captain adopted me, Dorthb took to me instead of the rest of the crew. I'm actually quite greatful for that."

She was trying to make some kind of amends to Bella, but she didn't honestly expect it to be made. Not this soon. It was a start though. If Dothb could like her, why couldn't she at least try?
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, October 07th 2011 03:39pm    Post subject:

The morning passed slowly, with rain pattering on the window and she and Langdon, this almost perfect stranger, talking like familiars.

It was so strange, suddenly feeling close to someone she'd only just met. But he was so different than the others she knew, and maybe it was the fact that he was the only one there; she was so lonely now. almost unbearably.

Langdon was level headed, knowing in demeanor and patient when it came to listening to her. The fact that the Viceroy hadn't once removed a hand from her since her outburst was also telling... comforting, if she was being honest with herself.

And she'd told him nearly everything. From her childhood to the moment she'd met Lucas back at Oxanna. Her life, from there, was a web of interlocking conspiricy, tragedy and running for her life. If she was going to continue her trail of honestly with herself, she would have to say that her openess with this man stemmed from pure exhaustion and the unadulterated sense that he was trustworthy and would not betray her. She could feel it in him.

Both of them were sitting propped up against pillows on the bed, resting their back against the headboard. Langdon had unbuttoned the collar of his uniform and removed his hat and boots, which, in effect made him look younger and more at ease.

"Don't you have... business to attend to?" She asked him, but he waved a hand.

"If anything, they probably think I'm interrogating you. You are my business at the moment."

She shook her head and took a drink from the second mug he'd given her that morning. "I still don't get why your being so nice to me; and here I am talking your ear off like I've known you for years."

He chuckled. "Its not like that at all." His voice was congenial. "This is honestly the most fun I've had in years, trust me."

She snorted lightly, with good humor. "I'm being held for treason... but i'm glad you're having fun."

He smiled. then he reached forward and brushed a piece of her hair away from her face. She winced slightly and pulled away. He pulled his hand back. "Do they hurt? Your wounds?"

She shrugged. "Sometimes. But only when I think about it. I can distract myself easily enough."

He looked down at his hands. "Thats a good skill."

"Its a necessary skill." She responded. "In my line of work."

He looked at her. "Can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

She took a drink from her mug. "Shoot."

He hesitated, but continued. "How... what are you going to do about your baby? I feel like at some point your going to have to slow down, especially when there's a child involved."

She looked into her mug. She'd thought over this a million times, but no one had been brave enough to bring it up in front of her, not even Sethe. "Honestly, I thought I had that covered. I would have raised her on my ship, with me."

"A ship is no place to raise a Baby..." He said

"It would have been different." She averted her gaze. "I had Lucas. and Jonas. Kyp... even Sethe. But maybe now, I wonder if I should just go home, stop trying to be this person, this adventurer. I've already found what I was looking for, and lost it twice over."

He leaned his head back and looked at the ceiling. "I want to tell you. I have a daughter." He said. "She's four years old."

That made Tseneca smile, even despite her surprise. and then there was a pang of disappointment. "You're married?"

"Was." He said, his voice suddenly soft. "My wife passed away three years ago. She was pregnant with our second child. "

Tseneca felt her heart stop, as if his pain was infiltrating hers. "I'm so sorry."

He looked at her. "I'm not telling you for that, trust me, I get enough of it. I wanted to tell you because all these years, I've learned to count my blessings as much as I can. I wonder if, after all of this has been said and done, you might not benefit from thinking of yourself for once." He pointed at her belly. "especially now."

She met his gaze, and he smiled at her reassuringly. "Perhaps." She said, then she sat up, sliding off of the bed. "But we're forgetting one thing. I may not have a choice in the matter. I'm still stuck here."

His brow furrowed, as he remembered why he was here in the first place. "Damn. right." He looked at his timepiece "Your hearing's in little more than a few hours. You should get ready. I'll go see what I can dig up, and maybe go talk to your friends." He started pulling on his boots and rebuttoning his collar.

She nodded. "Go easy on them."

"Of course." He said. Then, in a move that surprised her, he went to her, pushed her hair aside and kissed her on the cheek, gently but lingering. With his hand still on her chin, he looked her directly in the eyes. "Don't worry, alright?"

Mute she nodded slowly, and watched him leave the room.
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, October 07th 2011 04:00pm    Post subject:

“I hope it’s not.” Jade said. “While I appreciate the hospitality, I’d like to get back to my own ship sooner rather than later. I’m sure you can understand.”
“Of course.” Blake replied. “But since we have no idea how long the rain might last, it can’t hurt to plan to stick around for the time being.”

Jade briefly considered what he was talking about, and then lightly nodded in agreement.

“You said you had a galley?” Jade asked.
“This way.” Blake said, then began to walk further into his ship. Jade quickly followed behind.

“I should maybe apologize as well.” Jade said as she followed behind.
“For what?”
“For the confrontation back there.”
“Why would you need to apologize for that?” Blake asked as he looked over his shoulder briefly.

Jade quickly realized that he was right, and that the apology had probably been more about some sort of need to be hospitable than about actually being in the wrong. There were probably a million other things on her mind at the moment as well that weren’t letting her think as clearly as she normally would have.

“She clearly touched on a subject you weren’t interested in talking about.” Blake continued. “And since nothing happened, I think we can let the incident be in the past and forget it.”
“Thanks.” Jade said, then again realized that it probably wasn’t needed.

“Ah, here we go.” Blake said as they came to a door. Opening it, he extended an arm and let Jade pass through first, for which she nodded a thanks.

“You have any alcohol?” She asked as entered. “I feel like I need a bloody dast drink.”

Blake didn’t respond right away. There was a pause as Jade turned around and Blake followed her in. Once he got a look at her face and could tell there was a lot on her mind, however, he pointed towards a cabinet.

“Yorak acts like it’s his, but I purchase it for the whole crew.”
“Any of it strong?” Jade asked as she went to the indicated cabinet.
“Bottle to the far left. It’s dirt cheap and tastes like sith, but you’d be surprised at how quickly it could knock out a Wookie.”
“Thanks.” Jade said.
“Speaking of which, you’ll find a glass to the right.” He added, giving her a strong hint.

Jade nodded, took both out, and poured herself a glass.

“I should probably thank you for the hospitality officially now.” She said, then took a sip.

Blakes had understated the description of the what the alcohol was like, and even with just a sip, Jade quickly found herself coughing after it went down her throat, which got a chuckle from Blake.

“Told you it was strong.”
“That you did.” Jade replied as she finished clearing her windpipe. “Just what I need to help clear my head.”
“That works for you?” Blake asked.

Jade shrugged as she took as small a sip of her drink as she could.

“Maybe. Maybe I’ll pass out and something will come to me before I wake up. I’ve had far to much put on my plate in the past couple days, and I can use whatever help I can get. It doesn’t help that I think my systems still out of wack.”

As Jade took another sip, she noticed that Blake looked like he wasn’t sure what to make of the comment. She quickly stopped herself from spitting the liquid in her mouth out as she realized what she had said could have been interpreted at least a dozen different ways, each one as badly as the last. She coughed as the stuff went down wrong.

“Er, no…I’m talking about my Force connection.” She said in an attempt to clear up the matter. “I think I overexerted myself trying to help people at Bespin, and then when Cloud City was destroyed, I wasn’t prepared for the…disturbance…that hit me. Knocked me out cold.”
“Ah.” Blake replied with a nod. “I can’t say I have much of an idea what you’re talking about, but it sounds painful.”
“Believe me, it is.” Jade replied. “I’m currently hoping I’m back to my old self once I’ve gotten a good full nights rest.”

She took another sip, then decided to switch topics.

“Your crew seems like a colorful bunch.” She said.
“They have their moments.” Blake said, and went to the liquor cabinet and pulled something down for himself.
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, October 07th 2011 05:55pm    Post subject:

Jairon poured himself a drink and sat down across from Anulay. She was starting to relax quite a bit, which put him at ease. Polite conversation was hard to come by, especially this far out.

"Colorful or not." He said, knocking back a shot and then wincing as it went down. "Yorak, Nor and Dorthb are as close to family as I have out of Corellia."

"Corellia?" Jade asked.

"Merchants. My mum, dad and sister live in a small town on Corellia. They're small time clerks."

Jade made a small smile. "That doesn't sound so bad."

He shook his head. "It's not, but it wasn't for me. And when my brother died, my dad wanted me to take over the business. I ran as fast as I possibly could."

"You still talk to them?"

"Not as often as I should" He said. He felt guilty. He suppose he had to talk to his parent sooner or later, to fill them in on the news about Emmett. The Tseneca thing was going to be the most difficult. What was worse for a parent to hear than that their child stopped speaking to them because of a woman? Then again, they might be proud of him for rescuing her in the first place. Their younger son was a hero to them, after all.

"You seem lost." Anulay commented. He shook out of his reverie, pointing at the half drunk glass.

"Its this stuff, its volatile." He made a face.

"Oh pish. You just can't handle it." Yorak came it wiping his hands on a rag. He tossed it on the counter. "No-one said you could help yourself to it anyway, so if you're not even going to enjoy it..."

Jairon grinned. "I paid for it, Yorak."

The Ishi grunted and said something in his native language which the box didn't bother to translate. But he came over, pulling a stool out and perching himself on it. He grabbed the bottle out from in front of Anulay and chugged it before slamming it back down and belching enormously.

"You see what I have to deal with?" Jairon smirked to the other captain, pointing a thumb at Yorak. In turn, the Ishi made a rude noise.
 Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, October 08th 2011 03:05am    Post subject:

It seemed like Nor was trying to extend an olive branch. Isabel thought about this for a while, Nor's actions seemed sincere enough to accept the token. Isabel wasn't sure about the Kamarian, his obsession with hair was disturbing and Nor's head only proved the point. Still, she smiled and pretended as though it didn't bother her, but internally, she loathed it. "It seems Jairon has done a lot for you." She thought about the relationship and judging by Nor's explanation, he was not only their Captain, but their glue. She was willing to sell out Tseneca in order to please him.

"You could say that." Nor shifted gears, "He's helped us all, more than the average guy. After a while, you become more of a family than co-workers. And I'd do anything to keep them safe, including selling out a stranger, if need be. Nothing personal....just business."

Isabel turned the last of the cylinders into place, locking the replaced cooling drive before wiping her hands and dabbing her forehead. "That's it for the cooling system."

The insect moved over, scouring over her work, before clicking happily. It seemed she had done something right. Nor looked pleased and continued in their light hearted talk. "What brought you to Bespin?"

"The Force."

"And to the Terraset?"

"The Force." Isabel answered, trying to keep her voice above a monotone response. The fact of the matter was, she hated this engine room and hated staring at an insect that looked like it was about to pounce and mutilate her hair. "It has helped me find my way in this galaxy."

Her last sentence seemed to come out in a slow drawl and sounded like something one would find in a fortune cookie. Nor seemed to detect this little patch, "You know if you want to leave, no one is asking you for your help."

"No, no. Sorry." Isabel answered, "I'm just a little offput by being on a Republic world, one that doesn't seem to care about a Jedi's position.... that and both of my brothers haven't checked in." Nor was sympathetic, Isabel detected that, but still, maybe that wasn't a good enough excuse for her behavior. "I'm sorry, let's start again?"

"Please."

"Wanna grab a bite? I think I saw a few pubs, I could probably use a meal and a drink right about now. What do you say, Dorhtb?"
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, October 08th 2011 05:22am    Post subject:

“I wasn’t finished with that.” Jade said, then downed the remainder of her glass. Not surprisingly, she had a momentary coughing spat that had Yorak patting her on the back to try to clear it out.

“You going to be alright?” Blake asked as she finished.
“Absolutely.” Jade replied. “Mind if I grab another?”
“Be my guest.” The fellow captain replied with an open wave of his hand. “Like I said, the stuff’s dirt cheap. Good thing, too, with all liquor this joker goes through.”

Jade snickered as Blake pointed his thumb at the Ishi Tibb again. Yorak just shrugged in response and polished off the last remains of the bottle he had hijacked from Jade. She reached out with the Force and levitated another bottle of the stuff to the table, which got an impressed look from Yorak.

“I like this woman already.” Yorak said to Blake, putting a hand on Jade’s shoulder as she poured herself a second glass. “Can we keep her?”
“Absolutely not.” Jade answered. “I have my own ship and crew, thank you very much.”

“I thought you said your Force connection was out of wack.” Blake asked as Jade took a sip of her second drink.
“Mmm…that’s a loose description.” She replied, trying to clear her mouth out as she answered. “I’m still connected to it, it’s off kilter. What I just did was a parlor trick.”

Yorak tried to grab Jade’s new bottle, but found it slide across the table away from him as he reached for it. Blake chuckled as Yorak turned and looked at Jade.

“Child’s play.” She added, then took another sip.
“Then get me another.” The Ishi Tibb said, holding his bottle upside down.

Jade hesitated for a moment like she was thinking about it, and caused a bottle in the cabinet to shake a little, but ultimately it was nothing more than her messing with Yorak.

“No.” Jade said. “You took my bottle, so now you can get up and get your own.”

The green-skinned being said something that his box didn’t translate as he stood up and made his way across the galley, but it sounded less than pleasant. Jade put an evil smirk on her face as she downed more of her drink, and Blake just laughed at the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

“Your family still sounds more together than mine.” Jade said, returning the conversation to its previous subject. She definitely felt like she was starting to loosen up and feel far more relaxed as the alcohol began to take effect. Blake hadn’t been kidding when he had told her how strong it was.

“Your birth family, that is. I try to keep regular contact with my mom, but it’s difficult sometimes. The woman still insists on defending Denora for some inconceivable reason, even in spite of how the man didn’t seem to give a c*** after my brother died.”
“You have a dead brother, too?” Blake asked, surprised.
“I know. Small galaxy, right?” Jade said, and took another sip. “But their son is pronounced dead after disappearing in some freak accident no one could have walked away from, his dad can’t seem to muster the ability to show a little remorse about the whole thing, and yet mom still insists on thinking he really cares.”

“Sounds like you have issues.” Yorak said as he took his seat again with not one but two bottles in his hand, one of them already showing noticeable signs of having been depleted.
“Probably.” Jade admitted. “Mostly I just consider the man dead to my life and put it out of my mind. I doubt I’d be having much of a problem with it right now if I hadn’t had the grave misfortune of running into the B:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:d on Cloud City right as everything was going to h:evil::evil::evil:.”

“That all sounds rather tragic.” Blake said.

Jade considered it for a moment, shrugged, and then polished off her drink.

“I’m sure I’ll get over it again soon enough.” She said once she was able to talk again. “Fortunately, I’m close enough with my own crew that it doesn’t matter. Miss-matched and dysfunctional as they can be sometimes. Kind of like your own surrogate family you’ve got going here.”
“We’re not that dysfunctional.” Yorak said.
“No, I was speaking about my own crew.” Jade said.
“Of course.” Blake replied.

“Heh.” Yorak said, and both Blake and Jade turned to look at him.
“What is it this time?” Blake asked.
“What do you know, Captain. She’s like a Force-powered female version of you.”

Blake just rolled his eyes as Yorak laughed at his own lame effort to tell a joke. Or whatever it was meant to be.

“Ha, ha.” Jade said, her voice dry with sarcasm.
“Like I said.” Blake repeated. “You see what I have to deal with?"
“It’s still probably a more accurate attempt than trying to compare my friend to your own waist-high pal.” Jade said, and poured herself a third drink.
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, October 09th 2011 02:50pm    Post subject:

Jairon snorted, and took another shot. It wasn't nearly enough to intoxicate him, as the other two were getting, but it warmed him, and that's all he needed.

At that precise second Dorthb ran in nearly bouncing with excitement.

"Speak of the devil." Yorak grunted. Jairon tilted his head in time to see Nor and Bella enter the doorway of the galley.

"What are you two up to?" Jairon asked as Dorthb clung to his calf. He pried the little guy away gently, not entirely endeared to the level of tactical reinforcement she was used to giving Dorthb.

"Out. for Drinks." Nor said, bluntly.

"I thought I grounded you."

She snorted. "I'm twenty-five Blake, give me a break." without another word and a rain covering, she headed out into the rain with Isabel, Dorthb in tow.

"I hate to say it, but she's got a point Cap." Yorak chugged another half liter of alcohol, he smacked a tongue along his beak and belched again. "She's too old for you to be bossing her about like you do."

Jairon looked at him. "I'm supposed to take parenting tips from you?"

Yorak clicked derisively. "You're not her parent."

"I'm the closest thing she's got." Jairon said, and fiddled with his glass.

"Oh but please." Said Yorak. "Don't give yourself too much credit. She's a grown woman Cap. The only reason she gave the feds that information was to make sure they left us alone. She was thinking of the crew, you know that."

"She was rash and immature." He looked a Jade and averted his gaze, suddenly embarrassed they were having this conversation. His dealings with Nor were his business, not anyone else's, but regardless, Yorak was right about her motivation.

He sighed. Maybe he would need a stronger drink after all.
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, October 09th 2011 06:05pm    Post subject:

As if she could tell what Blake was thinking, Jade slid her bottle across the table to him.

“Thanks.” He said, half-heartedly, though refrained from actually drinking any of the stuff.

“Relationships aside,” Jade said. “She’s still your crewmember, and you’re her Captain, right?”
“Yeah.” Blake said.
“So even if she is a grown woman, as long as you’re putting a hull over her head and paying her the money she uses to pay the bills, I think you still have a strong argument for why she should listen to you.”
“Clearly.” Blake said. “But it’s a bit harder to actually put into practice. Especially since they’re more than crew.”
“Hey, even families usually have someone or other running the show.” Jade said as she finished with another sip of liquid and put her glass on the table. “Parents need to keep their kids in line. What happens when kids try to run the show?”

Jade slapped her hand on the table.

“Disaster!” She spouted, and downed what was left in her glass.

“I think your analogy went off-course somewhere.” Blake said.
“I think you’re drunk.” Yorak said and held out his hand in a ‘give me’ fashion. “Let me help you finish that.”
“Eh…” Jade said as she took the bottle back from Blake and filled her cup back up. “Last one.”

Relenting to the Ishi Tibb’s wishes, she put the cap back on the bottle and tossed it to the alien in spite of how close they were, though it made it easy for Yorak to catch it.

“Ok, so the comparison isn’t exactly the same. But my point stands. She made a stupid decision that affected your entire crew. A known most-wanted terrorist. A terrorists. If she were part of my crew, I’d be angry at her as well. She clearly should asked you about it first, and you’re clearly right to be upset with her.”

Jade took another sip of her drink, and much like Yorak had said, she could tell her mind and senses were being affected. It was probably a good thing he had called her out on it, too, as it appeared she was suffering from the effects even more than usual. Normally when she drank, she could count on the Force to pick up the slack, something that appeared to be lacking right now.

“Phew…” She said as she put the glass down. “Did I agree with you yet on how strong this stuff it? Because it is really strong.”
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 10th 2011 12:33pm    Post subject:

Tseneca stepped out of the shower and toweled off. It was nice to be warm, if only for a second before the cold air dessipated the fog. It was also nice to be clean, as it had been a while since she'd really been able to bathe properly. There was wide mirror on the far wall of the 'fresher. She stopped suddenly before it, and pulled the towel away from her body. Despite herself, she smiled a little and touched her belly. Where once she had been firm and fit in the arms, slender and harboring a flat stomach and a dancer's body, she was beginning to notice more.

There was no doubt about it, she was finally starting to show.

Satisfied, and uplifted for the first time in a few days, she re-wrapped herself and combed out her hair until it was glossy and even. It fell just past her shoulders, having grown ridiculously fast since she'd hacked it off. After relative primping, she dressed in the long tunic and leggings Langdon had brought for her. The tunic was a deep burgundy, its neckline cut low and flattering her decolletage. The sleeves were narrow with slashes at the top revealing her shoulders. He'd brought her slippers and hairbobs as well, but she opted for the clips, keeping her own boots to herself.

She wound her hair up in a half-twist, keeping a sweep in front of the burned side of her face in order to lessen the macabre effectof her scars. She didn't need the bandages anymore, as the wound was finally closed. She attatched the pearl hairbobs, and patted them into place, then brushed the loose end of her hair into curls flowing over her shoulder and touching the neckline of her tunic.

They had been his wife's, he'd said, and they were about the same size. Honestly, Tseneca was a bit small in the chest, but not much. She should have felt strange about wearing the woman's clothes, but instead she thanked her. All of her clothes and belongings had been on her ship, with the exception of her dogtags, which hung from her neck and were tucked gently in the front of the blouse. She had to look presentable for this, and Jonathan was ensuring that by lending her the clothes.

She watched herself in the mirror of the dressing table. It really had been quite a morning. The viceroy had proved himself sweet, trustworthy, and sincere in a way she was unaccustomed to. He was handsome too, and didn't hesitate to look her in the eye. He was so different than the men she was used to.

He was so different from Sethe.

There was a knock on the door and a female attendant looked in. Her eyes widened when she saw Tseneca, made up and adorned in fine clothes and jewelry.

"Yes?" Tseneca said, setting the brush down. She sat up straight, as was expected of a planetary representative.

"You're expected in the main hall in a half hour, my Lady. There will be an escort for you shortly. Your hearing..."

Tseneca waved her hand. "Yes, alright." and with a dismissal the woman left.

She'd almost forgotten why she was here....
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 10th 2011 01:19pm    Post subject:

It was morning, and Sethe sat up in his chair at a rapping outside. He flipped on the exterior viewer, in time to see Viceroy Langdon outside the hatch rain dripping over his handheld covering.

Sethe groaned and released the mechanism, striding out of the cockpit to the interior gangplank where Langdon was boarding.

"Viceroy." He greeted the man, and Langdon shook the rain off his covering before meeting Sethe's eye. He held out a hand. "I'm Sethe Bhren, Tseneca's.... bodyguard."

Langdon didn't look surprised. "She told me as much. She said you two were friends, but I didn't know you worked as her escort. It's good to meet you, Bhren."

Told him as much? Sethe tried hard not to feel the stab of urgency that flashed in him at that second. Honestly, if Tseneca had a growing report with this man, it wasn't any of his business, not any longer.

"Likewise." Sethe replied and closed the hatch beside the man. "I would offer you hospitality, but this isn't my ship."

"Yes, I understand that." Langdon nodded. His voice was polite, and not as aloof as Sethe would have expected from a man of his position. It unnerved him. "Is the captain available?"

There was a crash from the back of the ship, and Sethe winced. "Here, yes, available, I'm not so sure. Follow me."

Sethe led Langdon to the Galley where Blake, Yorak and Jade Anulay were perched, passing a bottle around. They'd been there most of the night, as it was morning now. Anulay was laughing, and apparently Yorak had thrown an empty bottle at the wall.

Blake turned to greet Sethe and paused, eyeing the Viceroy. "Bhren, your just in time. We were calculating Yorak's force abilities. Looks like he has a lot of force, and less ability."

Yorak roared with laughter, and Jade hid a smile behind her hand.

"Why, Captain, I believe you're drunk." Sethe said and shot Jairon a look, signifying the fact that Langdon wasn't there on a social call.

Blake blinked and then grinned. "Not as much as you'd expect Bhren." He signaled to the others. "These two though..."

Langdon cleared his throat. "I don't want to bother you unduly, but I wanted to inform you and Bhren that Lady Lowry's hearing will be held in a half-hour. I've been told to advise you that, while you may attend, you cannot interfere." He raised his hands. "Not my words, trust me."

Sethe frowned. "How is she being represented?"

Langdon nearly winced. "Unfortunately, she's not."

"That's crazy, there should at least be a defender of some kind."

"It's a hearing, Mr. Bhren, not a trial." Langdon didn't sound condescending, just matter of fact. This irritated Sethe even more than if he was talking down to him. "She's getting the opportunity to speak before the council and after that, we determine what type of Republic interference is needed. I doubt action will go beyond the hearing. You have to understand, as long as this warrant holds, Senator Vaxim has not authority to sentence her."

"So the warrant is almost a safety." Jairon interjected.

"We've contacted the Republic, but in light of the current situation, their priorities are.... focused." Langdon looked at Sethe. "You and this crew helped the Besipn refugees get out alive, that bodes well for her. Not to mention her condition. "

Jairon looked confused. "Condition?"

Langdon looked from Sethe to Blake. He looked embarrassed and a little confused. Almost apologetic. "I'm sorry, I spoke out of turn."

Blake was looking at Sethe, eyes hard. Sethe sighed. "She should have told you, I'm sorry she didn't because you of all people have the right to know. She's pregnant. The baby's Emmett's."

Jairon was speachless for a moment. then he muttered something and looked at Sethe. "She doesn't look pregnant." He said stupidly.

He met Blake's gaze. "Its been less than two months."

Jairon rested his head in his hand. "I'm not drunk enough for this." He mumbled. Then regained his composure, sitting up straight. "Alright, well. We have a half hour 'till this hearing, better start sobering up."

"Fat chance of that." Yorak belched.

Knowing that the time had come for the Viceroy to take his leave, Sethe motioned for him to come out of the room. Langdon still looked confused, so sethe patted him on the back. "Don't mind Blake, he's had a rough day or so."

"I hope I wasn't too outspoken." Langdon's sincerity was disdusting. Sethe wanted to hit him.

"No, It's fine, Tseneca should have told him in the first place. He's gonna be an uncle in eight or some odd months, thats kind of important."

Langdon shook his head, speaking plainly. "Why do I get the feeling I've stumbled into something overly complicated?"

Sethe had to laugh at this. He smacked the man on the shoulder again. "Trust me, we all do. You get used to it."

Langdon sighed and took up his cover as Sethe released the hatch and gangplank. "Half hour, Mr. Bhren. See you then."

Sethe nodded as watched the Viceroy leave.
 Back to top »
Nor Ferrick
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 10th 2011 02:06pm    Post subject:

The pub that they had found was more of a diner, and it was open all night, which was fantastic because they did stay there. All night.

Nor giggled watching Dorthb side up to one of the spacers and beg a pancake off of him. It was very very very early in the morning, and Nor had had too much caffeine so she was giddy. Isabel wasn't much better, and she snickered as Dorthb took one of the stools next to the massive spacer. The two of them next to each other were comical.

"At least he's brave." Bella said and picked at the Ho'din omelet she'd ordered.

"If you're not gonna eat it, I will." Nor reached forward with her fork and stabbed a piece of the meal off of Bella's plate. The two had certainly become much closer in the last few hours, if not friendlier. They still had differences, but they'd talked about everything from mechanics to men, and all things considered, Nor liked Isabel Pallanen-Davad, even dispite their issues. She supposed she had Dorthb to thank for that.

"Whats you're brother like?" Nor asked.

Bella swallowed her coffee. "Which one? I have three."

Nor shrugged. "Any, I guess. I don't have any siblings."

"Consider yourself lucky." Bella made a face. "I love my brother's but there a pain in the ass."

"Are they Jedi as well?"

Bella nodded. "Not Kris. He's as normal as they come. And trouble to boot."

Nor grinned. "Its my understanding that that's normal."

"Nothing in my family is normal. But then, i suppose I shouldn't complain"

Nor looked at her mug. She's told Bella, when she'd asked, about her life before the Tesserat. Being a slave in Bli'rr's court, forced to do literally everything for the hutt, and having no say in the matter.... That had been hell. She's only been ten when she'd been abducted by the Darshau. And by the time she came of age, by the time she'd turned sixteen The only moments she'd slept in an actual bed had been when she'd....

She didn't tell Bella that. Didn't tell her how Bli'rr had sold her virginity to the highest bidder, and how that bidder had been unduly cruel and horrifying. Jairon had taken her away only a month after that, but the damage had already been done. She didn't want to tell Bella that she was lucky to be who she was.... she'd never understand.

They'd walked back to the ship in the morning, the rain still poured down relentlessly, but they walked without a cover, enjoying it.

"What will you do when we leave here?" Nor asked Bella, watching as Dorthb splashed loudly in puddles, squeeking as the water hit him.
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, October 10th 2011 03:20pm    Post subject:

“It morning already?” Jade said, not believing what time it was supposed to be. “Wow…I have gone on for far too long.”

With a cough, Jade stood up, and was surprised by how difficult it was at first. The surprised quickly vanished when she considered she had gone well beyond the ‘last one’ she had originally claimed she was going to have. Odds were it was miracle of the Force she hadn’t passed out hours ago.

“Lovely hospitality, really, but I need to be getting back to my ship.” She said, sliding out and away from the table.
“You might want to think about waiting on that.” Blake said. “You’re incredible drunk.”
“Quite, Captain.” Yorak said. “I want to watch this.”
“You’re a jerk, you know that.” Jade said as she pointed at Yorak. “But a fun jerk.”
“And I don’t want to see someone walk off my ship after drinking my alcohol only to get themselves killed because they’re too drunk to walk straight.” Blake said to the Ishi Tibb.
“Nonsense!” Jade said as she backed up towards the galley door. “I Force Powers! I am invincible!”

Turning around to walk out of the room, Jade missed the doorway and ran into doorframe instead. The impact tipped her over the edge, and she began to loose control of her body, turning and falling backwards into the still-closed door. She heard Yorak laughing his butt off as it opened behind her.

Without the support, she fell flat on her back to the ships deck half-way between the hallway and the galley. Moments later, she lost any meaningful connection to the real world as she fell into a state somewhere between being awake and being stuck in some kind of drunkenness-induced unconsciousness, and she had no idea when it was that she passed out entirely.
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 10th 2011 06:04pm    Post subject:

Jairon pointed to captain Anulay "Yorak..."

The Ishi chuckled and moved off of the stool. "I'm on it." With little or no effort the large alien scooped the woman up like a rag doll and hoisted her over his shoulder. She didn't stir, and, Blake assumed that was probably best as he couldn't imagine she would have suffered the indignity of it lightly.

Sethe was still standing by the doorway, looking heavy in thought.

"Whats up?" Jairon asked, and Sethe looked up.

"Just all of this, its getting to me."

"You're going to the hearing right?" Jairon asked.

Sethe nodded. "I assumed you and I would go with Isabel. Nor too, I would think she'd want to."

"I have half a mind to lock her in the engine room."

Sethe snorted. "That ship has sailed, Blake. Give her a break."

Jairon shrugged. "Yeah, I guess I'm milking it anyway." He leaned against the wall. "Why didn't she tell me she was pregnant, Bhren?"

"She said it wasn't the right time. Don't take it as a personal affront."

Jairon thought about this. Of course he didn't take it personally, but the woman was carrying his brother's child. This changed everything.

"Anyway, there's something I need to talk to you about." Sethe said. "I need to make a stop before heading back to coruscant. I'll double my payment."

"What stop?" Jairon narrowed his eyes at Sethe.

"Its a lengthy tale, but the long and short of it is that I'm not always this.... difficult. A while back we took a detour to Dahrtag, and I was... bitten by a rat." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Honestly I really can't explain this without looking insane. I have a disease called Tydreannian Syndrome. It was pretty common for a few years on Necropolis, or so they tell me. Anyway, thats why I get so... out of control. It effects its victims by increasing their adrenaline and agression. If I didn't take a sedative every few hours.... well, It gets bad."

Jairon stared at him. "I can't believe your telling me this now."

"Yeah, well.... Look, when I contacted the Ashern, they informed me that the bloodwork Tseneca sent in before we landed on Bespin came back with a match for a possible cure."

"So where is this 'pit stop'" Jairon asked.

"Dac." Sethe averted his gaze.

"Thats not a pit stop! Thats lightyears away!"

Seth held his hands out. "I know, I know. But like I told you, I'll pay whatever you need. I just... this has to happen."

Jairon sighed. It was crazy, what this guy was asking of him. "I'll think about it. For now lets focus on the task at hand."

Sethe nodded. "Right. Okay."

Jairon sighed once more and headed to his cabin. He had to at least look nice before he watched his... sister-in-law... get fed to the dogs.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 11th 2011 08:52pm    Post subject:

The door opened once more and Langdon entered. He looked distracted, but when he saw her, he smiled.

"I wish this was a more... special occasion." He said, he approached her and touched her sleeve. "You look lovely."

She shivered slightly and felt her face flush. She mumbled a thank you as he escorted her out the door. Once out, between the armed guards, he glanced at her, embarrased and produced a set of binders.

"Kinky." She joked, and he turned red.

"I'm sorry. Vaxim..."

She held out her wrists. Interrupting him."You don't have to explain. You've done so much already, I don't want to trouble you more."

His hands were gentle as he put the cuffs on her, his fingers lingered on her wrists. He looked at her, his eyes probing her face. "It's no trouble, believe me."

She smiled and they walked down the hall. He had a grip on her upper arm, but his touch was light. The facade he was putting up went only as far as appearances. When she glanced at him, she could see the knit of his brow, sense his sincere concern for her well being.

There was something else. That short kiss in the room, the way he handled her... It was more than friendly. What surprised her more was that she didn't mind the attention. Not at all, in fact, she welcomed it, and that made her wonder about her loyalties. If it was a matter of making things work with Sethe, she would have reconsidered the way Jonathan Langdon had made her feel the last few days, but it wasn't. She and Sethe, no matter what promised they'd made, were over. Plainly and simply that.

She looked at Jonathan once more and smiled to herself. He was handsome, his brown eyes lively and deep. When he looked at her, she felt... loose. and warm.... and silly. That was a good sign if anything. She also had a blatant curiosity of what he looked like under that uniform of his.

"What are you thinking about?" Jonathan asked, interrupting her wildly inappropriate reverie.

"Nothing." She said. Although she said it far to quickly, and he looked at her questioningly. She shrugged. "I was thinking you look nice... in your uniform." close enough.

He grinned and squeezed her arm playfully. "Are you coming on to me, Your Grace?"

She flushed, and tried to back pedal. "I... just..."

"No, really, I'm flattered." He teased her. "Lets discuss this more in depth later, shall we?" He pointed to the entry way of the great hall, and Tseneca was suddenly brought to the present.

They entered the hall, which was small comparatively, and housed an auditory section. She noticed Jairon and Sethe, as well as Bella among the spectators. Before a wide panel, the center of which sat Senator Vaxim, was a standing and closed in podium. Specifically for her.

She was suddenly incredibly nervous, even as she felt Jonathan squeeze her arm once more reassuringly. He walked her to the podium and shut her in, as if she were an animal on display.

"Just relax, be honest and... don't make trouble for yourself." He whispered, locking the box.

She snorted. Trouble would follow her no matter what she did, so it didn't really matter, now did it?

The viceroy took his seat next to Vaxim, and the hearing began.

"Tseneca Lowry. You stand before us accused of unlawful usurption and seizure of an Imperial appointed leadership by violent means. The sentence for your crime is life imprisonment, and/or further sentencing to be determined by the republic senate. How do you plead?" Vaxim's voice was loud and snide.

"That depends on you're definition of 'guilty' your Excellency."

The senator looked up from his paper and eyed her coldly. "Answer the question, madam."

She met his gaze. "If I am to be charged with the violence with which I removed my Uncle, Dmtir Bakh-Lowry from power than yes, I am guilty. But, considering the fact that that position was originally mine, stolen from my family by my Uncle in the first place, then I would have to decline the verdict and demand that the accusation be withdrawn."

Vaxim leaned forward. "You sent the man into a vegetative state because you could not control your force abilities enough to lead a more... civil... coup. You effectively killed the man--"

"Thereby freeing the native Vratix from indentured servitude and harmful, not to mention lethal and involuntary extraction of Denin for production of Acrid Bacta. Yes, I am quite aware of what I've done." She interrupted her and saw Jonathan wince nearly indescernably. "By overthrowing my Uncle, I liberated the planet from and oppressive dictatorship and reinstated a government representative of both human and Vratix, a government my father would have established had he not been killed by Dmtir's scheming." She smiled a little. "Oh, and if you look at the market, Bacta stock is up fifty percent since I established the regency."

Vaxim was red in the face. "Regardless, Lady Lowry-"

"Fink" She interjected.

He continued, not pausing. "Regardless of all that, the fact remains that because of your loss of control and violence, you are being examined by the Republic Senate under the impression that you have little or no control over your force abilities and are considered a threat. Do you have anything to say to this?"

She was considered a threat? She was under the impression that because she was being trained by Kyp, the dark slips she had made were given grace. She had no idea they were being used against her by the government. "This is the first I've heard of it." She said. "I'm currently... well... I was under the tutilage of Master Kyp Durron who holds a seat on the Jedi Council, and he... was... well aware of my situation."

"Was?" Vaxim questioned.

She hesitated, her heart sinking. She didn't want to remember. "He was killed. On Bespin."

"Ah, I see." Vaxim tsked with false sympathy. "and do you have other plans for your continued training?"

She looked away. "No. Not at the moment."

She watched him lean over to a representative on his right. He whispered something to her and she nodded in adamant agreement.

"It would seem." He said, leveling his gaze on her. "That at until you have the proper teachings and gain control of yourself, I and my collegues have no choice but to consider you a constant danger."

She narrowed her eyes. "Can I ask who provided you with this information?"

He looked incredulous. "You may not."

Who would call her out like that? The only people who knew about her problems were Lucas, Kyp and Sethe.

Sethe. She turned slightly and looked at him. His expression was stoney as he looked back. He wouldn't, would he? It was very possible that this information, and confirmation, of her issues with the force would, could already have, incriminated her. And without a representative, she had options of denial. The evidence was right there, in front of Vaxim.

"Shall we continue?" Vaxim asked, slowly.

"As you wish." She said, her voice lost of its energy.

Tag: kyp
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, October 12th 2011 01:03pm    Post subject:

"why is she looking at you like that?" Jairon whispered to Sethe. The other man shook his head and didn't answer.

Thing was, Jairon seemed to be getting new information all the time about this woman. Now, he learned she was a Jedi trainee with impulse control issues. She'd never struck him as being evil....

She probably wasn't the look on her face in relation to Vaxim made it clear she was being bullied. He listened to the hearing as it progressed.

"So you have admitted openly to losing control of your abilities and causing harm to Dmtir Bakh-Lowry for personal gain?" Vaxim continued.

"Not personal gain, no. As I said before, I took back what was rightfully mine, and disavowed a tyrant. If you doubt this, as the Vratix, I'm sure they will be able to give you a testimony of this."

"duly noted." Vaxim said "But being that you don't have a representative here at present, I believe we are inclined to attest to your confession."

She was getting frustrated, and it was obvious. "What confession? I confessed to nothing."

"It was implied by your null response that--"

"Oh, so by saying nothing, i've incriminated myself? Damned it I do, Damned it I don't, is that right?" She was speaking through gritted teeth.

Vaxim was flustered. "There's no need to--"

"Senator Vaxim, I am standing here before you unarmed, cuffed and stuffed in a box while being accused of deeds that are far more complicated than a small minded man like you could even begin to comprehend. You would hold me accountable for so called crimes, while also holding me under investigation for misuse of my force abilities while a very real threat is knocking at your door; that being the case, i'd accuse you alternately of your priorities being fatally skewed."

"I am not on trial here, madam, you are." Vaxim responded angrily.

"Funny, I was told this was a hearing not a trial. I was under the impression that your authority only extends so far as keeping me here and waiting for the Republic to seize control of your investigation. In that way, senator, your nothing but a gate keeper with delusions of grandeur." Jairon watched as her eyes shone furiously at the man.

"My authority, madam, is to keep you in line. So far your statements have done little to grant you a justice you seek."

"What statements!?" Tseneca yelled. "I've hardly said a thing outside of what you have spat at me, Senator. As far as I'm concerned I remain wrongly accused."

"Without representation--" he continued calmly.

"What choices have you given me!?"

"He didn't"

The third voice in the room cause every head to turn, including the panel. There was an audible gasp from the podium as Tseneca stared, wide eyed at the newcomer. At his side, Sethe stiffened.

"Kyp..." Tseneca hissed, and the silence in the rest of the room was absolutely deafening. Kyp Durron. The man was Jedi Master Kyp Durron.

"I thought you said he was dead." Jairon whispered to Sethe, and Sethe shrugged.

"He got out." Sethe muttered dumbly.

"What is the meaning of this?" Vaxim stood. "This is a private audience... Guards."

With a wave of his hand, Master Durron halted the guards that came forward
and caused them to drop their weapons. The blasters clattered to the floor and the guards backed off on their own volition.

"Is this how we are conducting a diplomatic audience, Senetor?" Durron said. "By goading and prodding someone until they snap?"

"I was-- I have no need to explain myself--"

"You most certainly do." The Jedi's voice was level. "I am Jedi Master Kyp Durron, and I will represent the charged."

"You have no authority--" Vaxim was stuttering.

"Don't I? Do you really want to challange me on this Senator? I have the backing of the council and will not hesitate to bring them further into this investigation, if need be."

Vaxim was suddenly silent, for the first time during the entire hearing. Then, he mumbled. "That... won't be necessary."

Durron looked at him plainly, tucking his hands in his robe. "I thought not."

feel free to take over if you want, kyp. I was thinking we would just have a normal back and forth until Alex gets the warrant lifted. Feel free to do whatever, I'm not too worried about this. :-)

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 12:03am    Post subject:

Kyp opened the gate to the floor and stepped down to stand beside his apprentice. He winked at her with crooked smile. "I got this."

Between her facial expression and body language he could tell what came next. "You're late."

"A Jedi is never late, Tseneca Lowry-Fink. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Tseneca rolled her eyes to his statement. He smiled and turned his attention to the Senator and the court. "Senator, I accompanied Lady Fink on her mission to free the enslaved Vratix. She has done the galaxy a great deed. Because of her willingness to act the Vratix, a sentient race, is now free to give their services to the galaxy as a whole."

"It still does not negate the fact that she committed a crime," Vaxim said with his fists curled into a ball.

"Perhaps, but we all know that without renegades like Tseneca none of us would be standing here today. This would be a Imperial hearing and she would already be dead." Before the Senator could speak Kyp began again. He wanted to annoy the bastard a little bit. "I propose an alternative," he forcefully removed the cuffs and opened the box containing his padawan. "I will take Tseneca into protective custody where she will finish the duration of her training under my tutelage."

Vaxim slammed his fist down onto the desk in outrage. "How dare you come to my planet-"

"Ahh but this is not your planet, is it?" Kyp walked up to the bench and stood eye to eye with the man. Only a few inches of air sat between himself and the Senator. "Or is this verdict too forgiving for your ways, Senator." As he spat the last word out, he simultaneously dived deep into his mind and pulled the necessary strings to get the reaction he wanted.

The Senator squirmed in his seat and Kyp forcefully made him form the words. "She is free to go, under the condition that while on Varonat she is under your constant watch."

Kyp turned back to Tseneca who stood with her arms crossed. "Any objections?"

"Let's go. I don't want to spend another second around this joker," she said and turned away.

He sensed that she was not pleased with him but was also angry at Sethe. He eyed the ragged man as he sped up to catch Tseneca. "Your next," he mouthed.

Behind him the doors shut the courtroom and he sensed his hold on the Senator fade. It would be best to avoid contact with the man. While his decision was final Kyp was sure that the man did not like being made a fool of. He would surely hear of it from Luke when they next met.

I hope that is satisfactory for you, Jess. I have had a helleva day trying to get my new computer working, so I apologize for any haste I took in my post."

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 02:36am    Post subject:

Once the doors closed, Tseneca did something she was not normally prone to do. She hastily threw her arms around Kyp and hugged him fiercely.

She felt him stiffen, but he patted her on the back. "Miss me?"

"Nope." She said into his shoulder. She let him go and grinned. "I didn't want to-- I didn't mean to leave."

"I know." He reassured her.

"I'm glad you got out." She paused, thinking, then hit him on the arm. "You son of a bitch! Why didn't you come straight here?"

He shrugged. "I had business to attend to, believe it or not you're not my main priority."

She rolled her eyes, but they were interrupted by Sethe, Jairon and Bella, who came out of the hall.

She turned on Sethe, furious. "You. You told them didn't you? about the other night, on the Tessaret."

He looked incredulous. "What!? Why would I--"

"I don't know Sethe, why would you tell them about the lightning? You thought I'd kill you? or worse?"

"Tseneca I didn't tell them anything, I'd never--" He was trying to keep his voice level, but she could tell he was angry, she didn't care.

"You wouldn't. You're the one who thinks I'm volatile, Sethe, you told me yourself." She couldn't turn her gaze away, felt her fury close in on her.

"Tseneca, calm down." She heard Kyp say, but she wouldn't calm down.

"This is good for you though, right? Put me away, and you can leave. you don't have to be held hostage by Emmett's request anymore, i'd be out of the way. Isn't that right? You'd be free to do whatever you damn well please, so why worry."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "You done?"

"Yep. Yes, I am completely and absolutely done Sethe. Especially with you."

"If you honestly believe I am capable of what you are accusing me of, then I guess that's a good thing." He spoke in a low, refrained tone.

"Guess so." She said through gritted teeth. Although, something in her was making her more and more skeptical. No, he had told her plainly that he blamed her for not killing Krauss when she had the chance. He was repulsed by her.

He nodded slowly, turned his back, and left without another word. Jairon and Bella looked between the two of them, and followed Sethe.

There was silence in the hall. Then Kyp looked at her. "Was that really necessary? You know as well as I do that he didn't call you out, someone else must have."

She didn't look at him. "Fine. Either way whats done is done. I'm done. Leave it alone"

Kyp nodded slowly. "Regardless, we do need to address the whole lightning thing."

She sighed. "It started on board Krauss's ship. I'm trying my best to control it, but its hard. Sethe was in the room when I almost lost control. He's right, I would have killed him."

"But you controlled yourself enough not to, that's a step in the right direction." They started walking out into the air, Tseneca breathed in. She was still upset about Sethe, had a knot in her stomach the size of a wamp rat, but the warm air felt so good.

"Who do you think sent out that arrest warant? or the instructions to investigate my abilities?"

He shrugged. "To answer your first question, I don't know. The second one, though, I have heard that the Council is alerted to the fact that you are battling with your abilities, but then again thats a good reason why i'm here. I believe as long as I... keep and eye on you... so to speak... it won't be a problem."

"Still. Its not a good feeling knowing someone has it out for you." She said.

"Don't I know it." Kyp replied.

There was a noise and Tseneca turned to see Langdon walking over to her. She felt her spirits lift a bit and smiled at him as he approached. He was frowning.

"What is it?" She asked, suddenly nervous.

"Its Vaxim. He's contacting the republic on the basis that Master Durron has unlawfully interferred with Varonat's right to hold you as a political prisoner. He believes you to be a dire threat to the 'safety of interplanetary justice'. His words, not mine." Jonathan put his hand up.

"He will stop at nothing." Tseneca looked to Kyp. "Kyp, this is Viceroy Jonathan Langdon. He's been quite a help to me lately." She smiled at Langdon and his cheeks flushed. He stuck out his hand.

"Pleasure."

Kyp shook it and leveled his gaze. "The Senator's desperate now. There's no way that the Republic with heed such a warning without proof, or a solid confession, or under the nose of a Jedi council member. We cannot take him too seriously."

"He's ruthless..." Langdon said.

"He's rediculous." Tseneca snorted.

"But he's not dangerous." Kyp countered. "You have to trust me when I say, this is nothing we have to worry about."

Langdon nodded, then looked back to the main doors, sighing. "I'd better go back and try to diffuse this thing." He adjusted his collar before striding back to the main hall.

When Tseneca looked back at Kyp he had a sly smile on his face.

"What?" She asked him.

He smiled wider. "Nothing."

Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 01:05pm    Post subject:

She hated Sethe, no matter what his inflicted state was. His attitude and the way he treated Tseneca was over the line, but she could sense, whether Tseneca admitted it or not, that she still had a lot of feelings for the man. Isabel tossed out a hopeless sigh, as though she was watching a holo-novel. But Master Durron, that was something else completely. She was amazed at how profoundly lucky Tseneca was to have received him as her trainer. Isabel bowed to him respectfully when he approached and introduced herself accordingly. He caught her last name to which she answered, "Lucas is my brother."

Actually, she had seen Durron before, the thought had just returned to her. It was on Kuat when he had arrived at their estate. She walked away, letting the pair talk about the hearing, which was becoming more and more like a witch trial. It was like Varonat was trying to find the cause of Cloud City's destruction, and the Senator was willing to do that at whatever cost necessary, spare no quarter. It was a shame really, but then again, that was the Republic.

Last night, actually it was more like this morning, considering how late they were out, Nor had asked her a question. "What will you do when we leave here?" Isabel hadn't really thought about the question, but knew that her own master gave her the next six months as an independent-study of sorts. At the end, she would be ready for the Jedi Trials.

Isabel didn't know how to answer Nor then, nor did she now. It was strange how the two had become so close so rapidly. Isabel watched everyone talk, but decided this was not her battle any more. Her voice was Imperial, and that was the last thing these crooked politicians wanted to hear.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 05:45pm    Post subject:

Kyp continued to walk with Tseneca, making a point of avoiding uncomfortable conversation. He knew that it was difficult to avoid love and Tseneca consistently played with fire. Distance was always good when beginning to understand one's abilities. So much was at stake and no one could afford to have her fall too far. That would be a dark day indeed.

Reaching out Kyp tagged her shoulder to get her attention away from the warm glow of Varonat's star. "I think it's time you understood just what you are playing with. Lightning is not a skill to be messed with. Few of us Jedi can do it without displaying emotions that we are sworn to keep in check."

Keeping his hand low Kyp summoned electric energy to his fingertips. Arcs shot between his fingers as he strained to control the constant outflow. It was easier to break open the dam than it was to plug it back up again. "I am worried because you allow your emotions to run you and not the other way around. Control is key."

Tseneca sighed, clearly exasperated with the conversations he and her have had. "I try but when I feel anger I can't help myself."

"Don't try to do anything. Do what you want or do not. There is no such thing as a middle ground." Kyp reached into his robe and pulled free a silver tube. "Do you want another lightsaber?"

She nodded and reached her hand out, "Yes."

"Take this from me," Kyp said as he backed up.

She looked at him and reached out to grab the lightsaber only to have Kyp immediately recoil. "Your fate lies in my hands. Do you want to rot in jail on this shit hole planet or do you want to become something better than a woman with an attitude problem." The two traded glances and she was unsure if it was a wise idea. "I said take it, damnit!" he commanded as he pushed her away.

After a stumble backward she shot forward again, this time wrenching his arm around him and throwing him to the ground. Kyp hit the floor but held the lightsaber in an iron grip. "That's all you've got?" he said as he returned to his feet to again pushed Tseneca safely away. He was sure to not harm to growing child inside her.

"Damnit, I'm trying!" she said. Suddenly he felt force energy trying to rip the cylinder away from his hand. He clamped down on his own hand with the force, refusing to let go.

"I won't train a fool!" he said as he rushed forward and delivered crushing kicks to the inside of her legs. They would be bruised for the next week at least. Kyp backed off and watched one leg give out.

As she regained her posture he noticed a change in stance and manner. Suddenly a surge of blue-white energy rushed forward from her hands. She was letting go, something Kyp feared but expected her to do. With a snap-hiss the blade sprung from the hilt to meet the energy. It conducted the energy well enough but he chosen to end the fight now before any wary onlookers arrived.

Kyp reached out and grasped her hands with the force and yanked down, forcing them to the ground. With both hands planted firmly on the ground the Jedi Master calmly walked over and took a knee. Her face was seething was anger but he smiled at her.

"What do you say when you want something?" he said over the crackling of electric energy.

Suddenly the outflow stopped and she looked at him as if a great revelation had occurred. He was glad no one was around to witness the spectacle. "Please?" she said with an innocent tone.

Without a word, Kyp handed her the silver tube with the blade still on. He kept his back to her and smiled as he basked in the sun. "Are you still angry? Do you truly wish to strike me down?"

She stood once again and deactivated the lightsaber. "No, but are still a pain."

He turned and smiled, inviting his student to continue walking with him. "I am sure you wouldn't want me as your teacher any other way."

Her slender fingers ran through her hair and she actually managed a smile mixed with a grimace. "You live only because of my good grace, you know that right?"

Kyp shrugged and nonchalantly blew off the remark. "You're not the first and I'm sure you won't be the last."

Tag: Jess
Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 07:23pm    Post subject:

"If you could not kick me so hard, next time, that would be great." Tseneca said and rubbed the sore spots on her leg where he'd wolloped her. After moving past the part where he had totally wailed on her a moment ago, she felt a kind of energy she hadn't felt before, a forward understanding that with the simplicity of letting her anger abate in exchange for civility, one can get what she wanted much easier. It was a very childish lesson, but it seemed now was the best time to learn it, even this far into adulthood.

"If I would have gone easy, would you have learned?" He was focused on the path before them, walking through the refugee camp. She could feel her force energy batting down, her senses moving like a tuning fork.

"No, I suppose not." She grumbled, still rubbing her leg. She looked around at the people going about thier business in the camp. "I can feel them, you know. Before, it wasn't so strong, but now.... Their feelings, their emotions.. their very apparent."

Kyp nodded. "Interesting how it manifests itself that way. You opened yourself up for a split second and all the world is open to you in turn. Thats the power of it... thats the draw. Easy, wasn't it? To give into that anger and recieve so much power and insight in return?"

She sighed. Too easy. That wasn't what she wanted for herself. "I would never have killed you, you know that right? I just... I can't..."

He smiled at her gently. "You'll learn. I'll help you. If you don't learn, then I'll kick you around until you do."

She smiled despite herself.

The rest of the day, after she and Kyp had gone about their seperate business, was swift. Even under the watchful eye of the Varonati guard, and Kyp himself as was his mandate, Tseneca was able to help settle the remaining refugees. At the rate they were settling in, with ground reinforcements sending food, water and medical supplies, those who had escaped Bespin were getting the kind of treatment not many in their situation would have been so lucky to recieve. In that case, She was more than greatful they had landed here, despite the circumstances.

Still, at this point she couldn't keep her mind from wandering. Mostly she was thinking about what had happened with Kyp, the sudden outpouring of the negative force powers inside her; but over all of that, she was thinking of Lucas.

She missed all of the Leaper crew, but losing someone like Lucas had taken a toll on her so heavy, at times she found it hard to breathe. Neither Bella or Kyp had said anything about him, but her assumption that he had perished when Cloud City went down hung in her mind. If he had, survived, like Kyp, wouldn't he have come here? Wouldn't she be able to feel him.

She closed her eyes, whispering his name in her mind, reaching...

"Are you alright?"

The voice made her jump and her eyes snapped open. Jonathan stood behind her, his face clouded with concern.

"Yes, fine... just thinking." She dusted her hands off, a thin layer of grime having formed from her fight with Kyp and the work she had been doing in the camp. She looked down at her clothes, they were filthy. She blushed.
"Gosh, these clothes..."

He waved a hand. "It's not a problem. They were for you. I don't have any use for them now." he looked around the camp. "Lets walk, its getting late and Vaxim wants me to take you back to the main building."

She looked at him puzzled. "I'm still to be kept there?"

Jonathan shrugged. "He wants you close, so you don't take off. He's given Master Durron the suite next to yours."

"So... babysitting."

He winced. "You always have to be so stubborn."

Something about the way he said this made her feel embarassed. She apologized. "Sorry, force of habit."

They walked together out of the camp, along the path that she and Kyp had taken previously. It was quiet, and in the twilight she could hear insects buzzing. She broke the peaceful silence.

"I'm not as bad as they make me out to be, Jonathan." She said quietly. "I'm learning to handle all of this, i'm just... slow at it."

His voice was soft when he answered, understanding. "I know." without breaking their pace, he reached out and took her hand. She felt a jolt of electricity go up her arm... the good kind this time... and her face felt hot.

"I just don't want you to think--"

He squeezed her hand. "I don't."

She breathed out, her mind suddenly blank. "Oh. Okay."

He chuckled. "lost for words? I would never have expected that from you, your Grace." His voice was teasing.

She truely was enjoying this, however awkward it was. His hand was warm.

"Your hand's warm..." She winced. She never could say the right thing, when prompted.

He laughed. "Maybe you shouldn't talk after all." Then without another word, he bent and kissed her softly.

Against the darkness, she could hear the constant buzz of the insects, feel the damp humidity of the air, and the breeze against her hair. But this man's kiss consumed her so completely in that second, all she could really feel was him. She felt like her soul was exploding in a torrent of musical sounds and light, and it was like her feet were leaving the ground. She put her hand up to touch his cheek and he kissed her more deeply, clearly enjoying the sensation as much as she was. She sighed when he pulled away, dark eyes imploring hers.

Her throat felt raw when she spoke. "You're lips are warm, too..."

He grinned. "I thought we agreed on no more talking?"

"Oh, right." She said, and pulled him down for another kiss.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 11:55pm    Post subject:

Sethe had been walking from the camp back to the Tessaret when he'd heard the leaves move. He stopped and cocked his head listening. Following the path further down he saw the twilit shadows of the people before him, ducked off the road, and hid himself. Then, only as he crept closer, did he realize who the figures were.

It was so easy. So easy for Sethe to run at the man kissing Tseneca, and likewise so easy to throw him on the the ground and pummel him till he bled. He could hear Tseneca screaming for him to get off of Viceroy Langdon, could feel her hands grip him, struggling to pull them apart. He shoved her back and heard her fall to the dirt, with little or no remorse.

Langdon was strong, but Sethe was stronger and he pinned the man ruthlessly to the ground, delivering blow after blow.

His mind was in a frenzy; he saw clouds of red and was delirious with it. Jealousy, hurt and blinding rage was all he could muster.

There was a jerk and he went flying backwards off of Langdon, and with from an unknown source of momentum crashed into a tree. He tried to regain his footing but was pinned there. He jerked, but couldn't budge.

His eyes started to focus, Tseneca was hovering over the viceroy with his head in her lap, her arm extended toward Sethe as she held him in place. Langdon was trying to sit up, but she was holding him still against her knee.

"Let me go." Sethe hissed, teeth gritted. Her head snapped up from looking at the other man and he saw a horrible anger, but beside it, an even more painful hurt.

"If I let you go, you leave, immediately." She said, her voice was cold.

"Fine." He said.

"No. I mean you leave. Permanently. I never want to see you again, do you understand?"

Sethe swallowed. Her voice was so distant, raw with emotion. Her eyes blazed and he could see the truth in what she was saying. He could also see blood from her arm, from where she's fallen. From when he'd pushed her.

And as easy as it was to try and kill the man who was effectively taking the woman he loved from him, it was easy to realize that the damage he himself had done was beyond fixing. He'd kept her at arms reach, had let the monster inside him try to ruin her; he'd let the people she loved die, and blamed her for their deaths. His interference had done so much more harm than he'd ever intended, and now, he's lost her.

"Mesh'la..." He whispered, but felt the force of her powers thrust him into the tree.

"No." her voice was cruel. "Never. Again."

Suddenly, from nowhere, blinding lights and the tramp of boots filled the dark silence of the woods and with a lurch, Sethe dropped to the ground, landing on his back. He rolled over in time to see the soldiers peel Tseneca away from the viceroy, force her arms behind her back and bind her.

She was yelling at them, screaming and Langdon was trying to speak, but his words were slurred. "Restrain her!" The squad leader yelled, and one of others grabbed her shoulders and forced her to the ground. The flanking soldier was speaking into his comm, and Sethe could hear him reporting back to his commander details regarding the Viceroy and a Refugee spacer being attacked, an assassination attempt... the prisoner being detained...

Panic hit him and Sethe got to his feet; a few of solidiers turned on him, aiming their guns at his chest. He raised his hands. "whoa! whoa! hey! No this is all a big misuder--"

The first soldiers made a show of re-setting his gun and aiming it steadily. "Are you hurt? If you're not hurt, get back to your ship. This is a federal situation now. We are taking the prisoner back to base."

"What!? Let her go! she didn't--"

The soldier's voice was cold. "I said: Get back to your ship, spacer. Or be in dire breach of the law."

The gun was raised once more and Sethe backed up. "You have to listen to me, this isn't what it looks like. She hasn't done anything wrong--"

The soldier shot the tree behind his shoulder and he flinched to the side. Son of a bitch...

He stood and watched as the soldiers manhandled Tseneca roughly in the direction of the main building, jamming their blaster muzzles into her back as the went. Each time she protested they prodded her harder until finally, she was silent. The lagging soldiers hefted Langdon between them, following the smaller group.

He moved off, backing away from the scene and heading back toward the Tessaret. He had to find Kyp. He had to tell him what had happened.

And how it was all his own damn fault.

Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 12:26am    Post subject:

The bed was rather relaxing for the couple minutes or so after Jade woke up, a time during which she remained on her back with her eyes closed and her mind not remembering anything from the night before. It was a pleasant moment of bliss in the midst of what had thus far been a turbulent few days.

That moment came to an end, however, when she finally opened her eyes and realized that one, she had a massive hangover and two, she didn’t recognize her surroundings. Grabbing her blaster, Jade pulled herself off the bed and stood up, going for the door and aiming her blaster out into the hallway in front of her. Turning to check her surroundings, she heard a “Frak!” behind her as she leaned out and looked around the corner. Turning around and aiming at the source of the noise, she was shocked when she realized who she was aiming her weapon at.

“What the FRAK!?” shouted Captain Blake, who had pulled a blaster of his own and was pointing it directly back at Jade. Suddenly, she realized exactly where she was as everything from the night before came back to her in a flash.

Jade swore under her breath as she realized the full gravity of the situation, and quickly lowered her weapon as she came out of the room. She let her blaster hang from her finger before taking it in her other hand and tossing it back into the room she had come out, safely out of her reach once the door closed. Leaning against the wall opposite the door, Jade held her hands up in front of her to show she was unarmed, relieving the tension enough for Blake to put his own weapon away again.

“Scared the Sith out of me.” Blake said, but Jade couldn’t tell whether the tone was dead serious or if there was any attempt on his part to lighten the situation now that it wouldn’t accidentally result in anyone getting killed.

“Could get yourself shot like that.” He said as Jade lowered her arms and stood back up. “Or worse, me.”
“I am so unbelievably sorry.” Jade said with as much sincerity as she could muster. The effects of her hangover hit her again, and she put her hand up to her face.

“Last time I let you have any of the strong stuff.” Blake said. This time, it was clear he was trying to lighten the mood.
“Ugh…” Jade said as she tried to get past the lingering effects. “How long was I out?”
 Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, October 14th 2011 02:12am    Post subject:

Isabel was walking with Nor, chatting about the court room hearing. She was surprised at how well versed the woman was with these kinds of proceedings, but then again, it seemed she had set the bar pretty low during their first impressions. Nor was much more than Isabel had originally thought and their next subject was a little more lighthearted. "Yes!" Isabel laughed, "Third row on the left, the sideburns, I'd hit that."

Nor coiled her lips, "Twice." She laughed, "It's one that you'd wake up next to and realize the Corellian ale goggles weren't so bad after all, ready for round two?"

Isabel grabbed her side, spitting out laughter. She had decided to spill on an experience with a Twi'lek in the Outer Rim, when she felt something in the Force. She stopped and pondered it for a moment, her brothers were alive, for that she was sure, and two of them were in danger. Lucas and Damian. "Isabel?" Nor inquired, a little worried.

"I'm fine." She lied, "Do you mind, I'll catch up with you in the Terraset."

"Uh, sure." Nor looked a little confused, but continued ahead and eventually disappeared into the ship. Isabel closed her eyes, they were on Naboo, fighting some woman with a yellow lightsaber. Tseneca wasn't going to believe this... until someone ran into, forcing her to the ground. She lost the connection with her brothers.

"OW!" Isabel shouted, it was Sethe. "Gods damn it, Sethe."

He extended his hand and she took it, then suddenly she got a rush of the events that had just taken place. It was like the Force was showing her a glimpse of his rage, the way he attacked Langdon. Isabel released him, coiling her hand back towards her body as she came to. "I gotta get Durron."

"No." Isabel said, "You won't."

"I don't have time for this, damn it. I made a god damn frakking mess of things-"

"And we're going to fix it, Sethe." Isabel said, "Something tells me they do a lot of that for you." She used the Force to keep his feet planted. "You know, how many times have you been that angry? Have you beaten Tseneca before?"

He was silent, obviously something had happened, even if it was minor, he kept his tongue in his cheeks. "Shut up." He breathed, "You and Lucas are no different. I'm not the bad guy."

"No?" Isabel said, "Go away Sethe." She released him and he continued towards the Terraset, but she used the Force to drag him back. "No." She carved the energy around his kneecaps. She approached him, "You will tell Master Durron everything you have done, then when we get off this disgusting Republic planet, you will go far, far away. I never want to see you again, Sethe, and if I do." She nudged the energy around his knees, "I'll snap your legs into two. I'll use the Force and make you pull out your own eyes. I'll have you spoon them into your mouth, where I will make you grind them with your teeth and swallow them like they were Corellian gummie drops."

She felt her Force energy, she was worried about her brothers, she was even more anxious with her new friends here, and how detrimental this man had been to them. "You will pray, if you break this command, that I will never find you. "

"Your threats are bold, Jedi. But she already told me to leave, and I plan on doing just that. Not because of you, child, but because of her. Do you understand?"

Isabel released him, "Perfectly. Now get in there and start cleaning up this mess." He turned and started walking, but she pulled his feet with the Force, causing him to hit the ground hard. She walked passed him and slipped inside the ship, casually taking a seat next to Master Durron. She smiled and waited for him to begin his explanation.
 Back to top »
Jairon Blake
Jess

Post Posted: Sat, October 15th 2011 12:33am    Post subject:

Jairon heard the noises from the front of the ship He exchanged glances with Jade and they headed in together.

The galley was crowded with most of the crew members. Sethe and Master Durron were arguing feverently.

"Why did you--" Durron was almost to the point of shouting, struggling to keep his voice level.

"You honestly have to ask that? I was jealous." Sethe had his hands up, defensively.

"Well thats blatantly obvious, don't you think?" Durron said, his voice dripping with contempt.

Jairon leaned forward to Bella, who was watching the whole ordeal. "What's going on?"

"More than I thought." She answered. "Apparently, Sethe attacked the Viceroy and now the Varonati government is holding her for attempt to assassinate."

Jairon looked at Sethe who was trying desperately to talk Durron down, but it was little use. "Why did he..."

Bella shrugged. "He caught Tseneca and Langdon kissing in the woods."

Jairon snorted, but then corrected himself. This was much serious than a jealousy issue. If Vaxim thought Tseneca had tried to assassinate Langdon, he could have her tried for a planetary charge. Without representation in that case, she could be executed.

"You people are rediculously self involved." Jade mumbled to herself. Jairon overheard her though and shook his head. That was the truth of it.

"I can't even look at you right now." Durron put his hand up and turned around, before exiting the ship in a huff. Bella followed close behind him.

Jairon watched Sethe breath out and nearly collapse on the bench closest to him. He held his head in his hands, then rubbed his face.

"Yorak." Jairon pointed to the liquor cabinet and Yorak pulled a bottle out, tossing it to him. Jairon set it down hard in front of Sethe.

"Drink up." He ordered.

"Not the best idea." Sethe looked up at him, the ragged look in his eye much worse for wear.

"Oh, stuff it. We're all spacers here, no ones gonna judge you."

Sethe uncorked the thing and took a long draw from it. He swallowed with a look of pain on his face. "everyone else is pissed as shit at me, so why aren't you?"

Jairon leaned on his hands, looking Sethe in the eye. "They think your scum, Bhren. But I know you aren't so bad. Not really. I don't have you pegged for a beater or a scoundrel, so come off it."

Sethe took another long drink and then, as if taken by a madness, slammed the bottle down on the ground, watching it shatter in a thousand pieces. The remaining alcohol puddled on the galley floor. All who stood around, Jairon, Nor, Yorak, Jade... even little Dorthb, stood in stock silence.

Sethe rose and adjusted his jacket, staring hard at Jairon. "Just frakking get me to Dac. I don't need your sympathy." He left without another word.

Jairon stared at the table, then looked back at the others. The silence broke as Yorak went to the cabinet and grabbed a second bottle.

"'nother round?" He said and held it out to Jade.

She shuddered visibly, and turned pale, holding her hands up to ward him and the offending drink off. "oh, no. Not again. Never ever again..."

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sat, October 15th 2011 01:11am    Post subject:

The guards shoved her hard into the cell, but not before making sure she was still severely bound.

She watched as they shut the steel cage behind her. "This is quite a downgrade, I expected my five star suite." She snapped.

"Shut up." The guard said, and slid the dead bolt into place. She wasn't getting out of there any time soon. She slid down against the wall and held her head in her hands, her wrists sore from the metal of her binders. She wanted to cry, but mostly, she just wanted to scream.

God. Jonathan... She slammed her head against the wall angrily. She wanted to kill Sethe. Not literally, of course, but she was so furious it was hard to concentrate. Jealousy? really? after everything, he reacted in a jealous rage to seeing her with Jonathan, and because of that he'd gotten her locked up again. Only now they thought she'd tried to enforce an assassination attempt. Now she was knee deep in a mess. Droyk it...

She must have been in there for ages before the door of the cell block opened and a figure approached her cell. She looked up; and suddenly wish she hadn't.

Vaxim.

"Do you know why you're here, your Grace..." He asked, his voice dripping with cold confidence.

"I have a feeling you're going to inform me regardless." She didn't look at him. He didn't deserve it.

"First of all, I should let you know... and you'll be pleased to hear this... the charges have been dropped for the arrest warrant. I recieved the notification an hour ago."

"You know, gloating doesn't become you, Senator. say what you are going to say and accompany it with getting the hell away from me." She gritted her teeth.

He tutted. "You're attitude is part of this probem missy. You've attacked one of the highest ranking politicians on this planet, and you think you are going to walk away from it?"

"This isn't a cat and mouse game, Vaxim. You aren't going to be playing with me the way you want to, I won't have it. You know as well as I did that I did nothing--"

"And how will you prove that, Lady? After all of that, and several witnesses stating they saw you in the woods over the Viceroy's bloody form, holding one of your crew mates against a tree with your... powers. How well does that bode?"

"you have no probable cause-"

He sneered. "I have everything to have you put away for good. At least till that child of yours is born, then you'll be put to death..."

She looked at him, her eyes cold and fearless. "You have nothing. Once Langdon testifies--"

Vaxim laughed, hard. "Oh, he won't be giving any kind of testimony, I assure you."

She felt her heart stop. "What have you done to him?"

The man grinned. "Lets just say, he won't be talking any time soon. This is a planetary matter now, and I will do as I see fit."

There was a sodden silence. Then she whispered, angry still, but mostly horrified. "Why are you doing this?"

"Oh, you'd love to know that, wouldn't you? I'll humor you, though. You know your uncle had many faithful investors... many more than you can even start to comprehend, your Grace. You never expected some sort of backlash? never?"

Tseneca's blood ran cold. Of course, this was a vendetta. Nothing about this had anything to do with Varonat.

"I swear--" she hissed.

"Well thats not polite now, is it." Vaxim sneered. He turned his back on her and walked away down the cellblock hall. "Sleep well, Lady Lowry. Tomorrow is another day."

The blast doors shut hard behind him, leaving echoes in their wake.

I'll explain: Langdon isn't dead, he's been drugged. Vaxim is hoping that by getting rid of Tseneca, he can break authority of Thyferra's regency and open the cartel up to new leadership, leadership that will back his original investment with Dmtir and get him a boost in power. He is both hired by and backed by Pietro Bakh-Lowry, Dmtir's son and the "rightful" heir to the cartel.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Varonat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: